Sign in to follow this  
Rhino

What Could Of Been Our Starting Five

6 years, $126 million for Mr. Lewis--And we lose significant pieces of our team from last season with the subtraction of Hill and Darko. Does this really make us better? I personally don't think so.

I would of prefer this lineup for next season.

PG: Billups / Nelson

SG: G.Wallace / JJ / Dooling

SF: G.Hill / Ariza / Turk

PF: Darko / Gortat

C: Dwight / Battie

Are you telling me this lineup wouldn't of been one of the best in the pathetic Eastern Conference. Hill would of stayed if we hadn't given his job to Lewis--Billups signed for 5 years, $ 60 million-- G.Wallace will be announced soon, and is rumored to be signing for around $ 60 million. Hill would of signed for the minimum. Keeping Darko around, you would of had to be creative to sign both Darko and Wallace but it looks as though it was possible if they hadn't throw the whole freakin' bank at Lewis. This could of been a nice team with a good mixture of young talent and veterans. Both Billups and Grant Hill would of won us a ton of games with their experience, not to mention their leadership ability. Who is going to lead us now? Jameer? Lewis? Too many questions with this roster that we just adopted. As a Magic fan I am now offically worried.

6 years, $126 million for Mr. Lewis--And we lose significant pieces of our team from last season with the subtraction of Hill and Darko. Does this really make us better? I personally don't think so.

I would of prefer this lineup for next season.

PG: Billups / Nelson

SG: G.Wallace / JJ / Dooling

SF: G.Hill / Ariza / Turk

PF: Darko / Gortat

C: Dwight / Battie

Are you telling me this lineup wouldn't of been one of the best in the pathetic Eastern Conference. Hill would of stayed if we hadn't given his job to Lewis--Billups signed for 5 years, $ 60 million-- G.Wallace will be announced soon, and is rumored to be signing for around $ 60 million. Hill would of signed for the minimum. Keeping Darko around, you would of had to be creative to sign both Darko and Wallace but it looks as though it was possible if they hadn't throw the whole freakin' bank at Lewis. This could of been a nice team with a good mixture of young talent and veterans. Both Billups and Grant Hill would of won us a ton of games with their experience, not to mention their leadership ability. Who is going to lead us now? Jameer? Lewis? Too many questions with this roster that we just adopted. As a Magic fan I am now offically worried.

Its not always that easy Rhino... Grant Hill had his mind set that he was leaving. Who knows what it would have taken to lure Chauncey away from Detroit?, as he obviously wanted to stay there. Who knows where Gerald Wallace's contract situation stands?

So many question marks with your "what if" scenario

Plus Billups is in his 30s and wants a fat contract, and if he gets one from the Magic, Wallace would have wanted one as well. Agree w/ you Robo, Hill was gone. This scenario is a little too fictional for me.

I understand it's not that easy ROBO--This is a business, it's not fantasy basketball. But what I do know is with the subtraction of both Hill and Darko and the addition of Lewis, this does not make us a better team for 07,08. This doesn't include who we could of signed on top of Hill and Darko. We just donated a ton of $$ to Lewis. If this guy get's hurt we are in serious trouble. The body usually starts to break down around 30. It's right around the corner for Lewis which scares me. We just lost a lot of depth, experinece and size for a freakin shooter. I am not sold on Lewis. I would of prefered Billups (Hill & Darko) over Lewis any day.

I agree with RoBo 100%...

While that lineup would be a dream lineup...I don't know if there is anything anyone could do to make it happen.

People tend to think that just because you did not land a certain free agent or lost a certain free agent, that means you made no effort.

Chauncey had no intentions of ever leaving Detroit and the fact that Wallace still has yet to recieve a contract offer makes me believe that there was alot of hype behind him because of what was a somewhat weak free-agent class, I have also heard he has had some injurie issues in the past.

Grant Hill was going to leave regardless of what we did...he wanted to go somewhere that would contend right away. Darko or his agent's warped idea of what he is worth is what screwed that whole situation up.

The bottom line is that Otis went out and signed the best free agent available (I don't count Chauncy or Vince because they never had any intention of leaving their respective teams). People wanted him to make a splash and he did. Did he pay alot of money...yeh he did, but every year there is one player considered to be the "prize" player of the free agent class. This year it was Rashard, and with so many teams in the mix...you have to act fast and sometimes roll the dice.

I appauled Otis for gambling a bit...Frankly I got sick and tired of watching the Magic twiddle their thumbs while quality players signed with other teams.