Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

If you exclude rookie contracts, it's tough to find a starting caliber PG that is paid much less than around the 7-8m range. Only two examples off the top of my head are Felton and Chalmers. Teague got that amount, Dragic got similar last season, Hill, etc.

So in one sense, I agree it's Jennings, he is who he is. But it's certainly not a bad deal in comparison to other pgs. And if Bledsoe gets that amount it might even make Jennings look good.

I'll never understand this "we need to lock him up or else he'll look elsewhere/hurt feelings" attitude. Wall had an amazing 20 game stretch to the end season, i'll give him that. But to drop the max based on that alone? why? when the wiz have so many problems elsewhere that need just as much attention if not more. It's not like the max contract is off the table next offseason.

He is not a max player yet. rondo got 12m

I wouldn't pay $4.5 mil for Jennings. The guy is inefficient.

Jennings is still so very young and should improve mentally. I'd say he's definitely worth the 4.5, and the other 3.5 is an understandable additional charge for having to play in the D.

So how bad is Bosh kissing Oden's a** now that he doesn't have to play the 5 anymore?

I hate to root against anyone returning from an injury, but I suppose Heat players are the exception...

Oden reached a two-year deal with the Heat... The deal is for the veteran's minimum, and the second year is a player option.
- usatoday

That's cute that Oden signed with the Heat, and I hope he does something productive but cmon, the chance that he does anything but sit on the IR list is slim to none. He's a fool for jeopardizing his life like this (just like Brandon Roy).

That's cute that Oden signed with the Heat, and I hope he does something productive but cmon, the chance that he does anything but sit on the IR list is slim to none. He's a fool for jeopardizing his life like this (just like Brandon Roy).

To be honest I'd take the same risk Roy and Oden took

you would risk your ability to have functional legs later in life? It's certainly not about money either.

you would risk your ability to have functional legs later in life? It's certainly not about money either.

In 20 years we'll all have robot legs

• Upvote 1

I agree, I would too. And I think Oden doing this is mainly because that guy REALLY struggled dealing with being a "bust", and this might be a chance (slim) to redeem himself. I remember reading things on Oden, he's like a big Teddy Bear that wants to please everyone and be seen in a much different light than he currently is.

For as much as I hate the Heat, I hope Oden finds some success and is able to play in most games as doubtful as that is.