Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

This guy's still in the league? Must be a locker room move.

I mean thats a good way to look at it...but Beno was a good locker room guy too,good facilitator and a champion..but the dollar amount to keep him around was likely much higher...I wish we would have picked up A.J Slaughter

Were Earl Watson and John Lucas III unavailable? Was Larry Hughes not willing to give it another go?

Jason hart was unavailable. As was Anthony Parker

So, hypothetical trade scenario for if we want to end the tank and get competitive again while maintaining cap space for next offseason:

Tobias Harris, Big Baby, trade exception, better of the two 2015 first rounders to Portland, in exchange for:

LaMarcus Aldridge and Earl Watson in two separate deals.

Aldridge wants out of Portland, and they can get better short term and long term with this trade, giving them a potential star at a position where all they have is Batum, and a playoff tested front court (replacement) player in Big Baby, plus a likely lotto pick in 2015 via philly's pick.

Orlando runs:

Nelson/Oladipo

Oladipo/Harkless/AA

Harkless/AA

Aldridge/Nicholson/Oquinn

Nik/Oquinn

plus 2014 first rounder...

Why or why not?

So, hypothetical trade scenario for if we want to end the tank and get competitive again while maintaining cap space for next offseason:

Tobias Harris, Big Baby, trade exception, better of the two 2015 first rounders to Portland, in exchange for:

LaMarcus Aldridge and Earl Watson in two separate deals.

Aldridge wants out of Portland, and they can get better short term and long term with this trade, giving them a potential star at a position where all they have is Batum, and a playoff tested front court (replacement) player in Big Baby, plus a likely lotto pick in 2015 via philly's pick.

Orlando runs:

Nelson/Oladipo

Oladipo/Harkless/AA

Harkless/AA

Aldridge/Nicholson/Oquinn

Nik/Oquinn

plus 2014 first rounder...

Why or why not?

Portland would never do that lol

If we want to tank we should just sign the freshly amnestied Mike Miller and play him 30 minutes every game

I wouldn't say they would never do that. LA made it public that he wants out, CHI is only offering Noah. What could they offer that's better than a vet + young talent + lotto pick?

Portland would never do that lol

If we want to tank we should just sign the freshly amnestied Mike Miller and play him 30 minutes every game

Not the kind of homecoming Magic fans would expect. Question is, do we really have enough Styrofoam peanuts to encase a 6'8" piece of glass on the bench?

Not the kind of homecoming Magic fans would expect. Question is, do we really have enough Styrofoam peanuts to encase a 6'8" piece of glass on the bench?

Just have him shoot 3s. No defense at all, so he doesn't get injured

With the potential of getting Ronnie Price as a 3rd string PG what is going to be the PG line up? Nelson, Moore, Price? I know it was an experiment in summer league to put VO in PG spot but I would much rather he was our starting SG.