Sign in to follow this  
ZobchikCPA

Hills move the biggest slap in the face to the Magic

quote:
Originally posted by magicfreak#1:

Thanks, to Mr. Grant Hill, still well respected, and class act citizen, this guy should be the face, or spokesperson for the NBA.

Maybe for the NBA, not for the Magic after he used the time the reporter gave him to make moronic comments blasting the Magic's announcer. YOU and Jameer turning the ball over like crazy that game and the team sucked all season and played terrible. Bostom almost embarrased you.. and he's gonna let it out on the friggin' announcer guy?? LilPenny lost all respect for Grant on that one!

Class act my synthetic rear end!!

Wow, thats such a disgraceful move..He's like a Kon Artist, he got away with it too..He signed a contract and didnt fullfill nothing at all..I know it's special to win a championship, but he's just hitch hiking trying to win one..When Grant Hill came in the league he was a special kind of player, but now he won't go down in History as nothing special..Thanks for wasting our time and money, Dwight Howard is the future with a true humble heart, not a phoney like Grant Hill..GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree that G. Hill signing with any other team for the league minimum is a slap in the face. We should have traded him years ago.

I hope he never gets that ring, now.

I wish him well. Getting hurt was not his fault. He rehabbed like a monk. No one ever stated he was sitting back while getting paid. He heard alot of junk in his seven years about him being a failure when he was just hurt. He had bad luck, that's all.

He's a free agent, he wants to play in Phx, good for him.

Seattle drafted Rashard in the second round right out of highschool. He sat in the hot room all night and Seattle rescued him. He's getting ready to bolt and come join us. Haven't heard anyone call him a traitor.

Like Mr. Corleone once said

It's not personal, it's business

I would disagree with everyone that is bitter. Im in the opinion that what Grant Hill has done for this community far outweighs this decision to win a championship. He has given back so much to the city of Orlando, even while we paid him so much. Grant Hill has helped define what the Magic are all about. I mean...the slogan that we had a couple of years back was cheesy, but it was true. We are all about heart and hustle. We don't breed a bunch of thugs like the Trailblazers, Lakers, Sixers, etc. I hope that tradition continues, and that players who come to Orlando have that expectation and standard that Hill, Armstong, Outlaw, Dwight, Anderson, etc have laid before them.

Now....the question remains...who are we going to get to fill our roster?

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Neilson:

I would disagree with everyone that is bitter. Im in the opinion that what Grant Hill has done for this community far outweighs this decision to win a championship. He has given back so much to the city of Orlando, even while we paid him so much. Grant Hill has helped define what the Magic are all about. I mean...the slogan that we had a couple of years back was cheesy, but it was true. We are all about heart and hustle. We don't breed a bunch of thugs like the Trailblazers, Lakers, Sixers, etc. I hope that tradition continues, and that players who come to Orlando have that expectation and standard that Hill, Armstong, Outlaw, Dwight, Anderson, etc have laid before them.

Now....the question remains...who are we going to get to fill our roster?

You're so right. He's a perfect fit for this team and this community.

TOO BAD HE DIDN'T F'N STAY HERE THEN!!!! Lol

I can't agree with MN anymore. I think what Grant gave the city of Orlando was all his heart and then even more. I think he (and this is my personal opinion) felt hurt when Otis critized him and Hedo for being "softies". His leadership ways are far different from other players. He doesn't do the "talk", he just walk the walk for others to follow his example. He gave us all the best of his abilities, even when he was injured. If anything, by leaving this team and looking for a championship with the Suns, all he's doing is giving us the opportunity to grow players like JJ and Bogans in that position of second guard and Ariza in the small forward; positions that he had covered when not injured, keeping this talented players benched. I don't think that JJ is still ready for a starting position but Bogans was. I don't know if Bogans is still on this team since I heard nothing about him. If he's not, then we need another established player to come and take that position and bring JJ from the bench to polish him. In any case I wish the best (unless they are in the finals against us) to Grant Hill with the Suns and thank him for all the great things he gave us while here. He's a gentlemen and a roll model to follow.

It's been like 10 threads like this when everyones bashing Grant. If youre tired of this, just go to Suns forum now and talk to a bunch of happy people.

He owes the Magic nothing. He got injured. It's not something he did on purpose. At this point in his career, it's perfectly understandable that he wants to go to a winning team. I can't believe anyone would call him a traitor.