Sign in to follow this  
ZobchikCPA

Hills move the biggest slap in the face to the Magic

This move by Grant Hill may be the biggest slap in the face to the Orlando Magic and its fans in the history of its franchise.

Shaq bailing on us, so what, he was destined for a big city and at least got us to a finals before he left. This was really our first hard lesson of the business of the NBA. McGrady leaving, so what, he carried the team on his back for years and gave us all he could despite not being a natural born leader. Lets face it, McGrady did not have leadership qualities and it was time. Some might say the drafting of Fran Vazquez takes the cake, so what, it is only a first round pick, not 7 years and 93 million of cap space. Lets face it, Fran could not get us to a championship by himself. Next, we have Billy the Kidder. While it was embarrassing, it was only a coach. Coaches dont count against the cap. He was an unproven commodity. The bottom line was Brian Hill would not be back.

Lastly, we are left with Grant Hill. A man who this community embraced despite being hurt. A man who collected 7 years 93 million and virtually left the Magic franchise at a stand still until his contract expired. He is a man who calls Orlando home and because of his character and who he was, people were ok with him collecting 93 million while not being able to play. If there was a man in Orlando Magic franchise history that owed a committment to the Magic and this community by finishing out his career here and taking the veterans minimum, it was him.

What does he do folks. He slaps us in the face by taking the veterans minimum with Phoenix. Is it really all about championship opportunity? Why go to the West when you have San Antonio and Dallas to contend with. In the East, even the Cavs can make it. Is it really about the money? Obviously not since he is taking the vets minimum and we were going to probably pay him more. Was it about playing time? This really cant be an issue either. I am sure minutes will be about the same wherever he goes. After all, his body controls the amount of minutes he can play, not the team he is on. So what does that leave for a reason to jump ship? I guess only Grant knows but it sounds like someone or something with the Magic has to do with it.

I think the best thing he can do which may do everyone else a favor is please put your house up for sale here in Orlando. He has chosen to remove himself and his committment to our team and community. Please follow McGrady's lead, and sell out your real estate. While your in the process, please go tell the nurse and doctors who cared for you when you lied in bed with an almost deadly staph infection why your leaving and giving up. Go tell the other underpaid teachers, community workers, and public officials(firemen, policemen) who are underpaid and took care of you and your family the last seven years why you are bailing on them as well. It is time Orlando! He and T-Smack came in together and now it is time to close the final chapter by requesting that he remove himself from the community.

This move by Grant Hill may be the biggest slap in the face to the Orlando Magic and its fans in the history of its franchise.

Shaq bailing on us, so what, he was destined for a big city and at least got us to a finals before he left. This was really our first hard lesson of the business of the NBA. McGrady leaving, so what, he carried the team on his back for years and gave us all he could despite not being a natural born leader. Lets face it, McGrady did not have leadership qualities and it was time. Some might say the drafting of Fran Vazquez takes the cake, so what, it is only a first round pick, not 7 years and 93 million of cap space. Lets face it, Fran could not get us to a championship by himself. Next, we have Billy the Kidder. While it was embarrassing, it was only a coach. Coaches dont count against the cap. He was an unproven commodity. The bottom line was Brian Hill would not be back.

Lastly, we are left with Grant Hill. A man who this community embraced despite being hurt. A man who collected 7 years 93 million and virtually left the Magic franchise at a stand still until his contract expired. He is a man who calls Orlando home and because of his character and who he was, people were ok with him collecting 93 million while not being able to play. If there was a man in Orlando Magic franchise history that owed a committment to the Magic and this community by finishing out his career here and taking the veterans minimum, it was him.

What does he do folks. He slaps us in the face by taking the veterans minimum with Phoenix. Is it really all about championship opportunity? Why go to the West when you have San Antonio and Dallas to contend with. In the East, even the Cavs can make it. Is it really about the money? Obviously not since he is taking the vets minimum and we were going to probably pay him more. Was it about playing time? This really cant be an issue either. I am sure minutes will be about the same wherever he goes. After all, his body controls the amount of minutes he can play, not the team he is on. So what does that leave for a reason to jump ship? I guess only Grant knows but it sounds like someone or something with the Magic has to do with it.

I think the best thing he can do which may do everyone else a favor is please put your house up for sale here in Orlando. He has chosen to remove himself and his committment to our team and community. Please follow McGrady's lead, and sell out your real estate. While your in the process, please go tell the nurse and doctors who cared for you when you lied in bed with an almost deadly staph infection why your leaving and giving up. Go tell the other underpaid teachers, community workers, and public officials(firemen, policemen) who are underpaid and took care of you and your family the last seven years why you are bailing on them as well. It is time Orlando! He and T-Smack came in together and now it is time to close the final chapter by requesting that he remove himself from the community.

The name of your topic is not an exaggeration or an understatement. You're totally correct.

But we could look at it this way, If Grant was any good it'd really hurt! He isn't, so it's ok, just a baby slap. At this point a slap or even a kick by the perennially injured Grant Hill might hirt him more. Losing Darko.. now that hurts!

and welcome to the forum!

I truly believe that anyone who thinks Grant "owes" us is a moron who shouldn't be watching basketball, or posting their opinion of it on a public message board.

Orlando Magic fans disgust me.

While some would argue that Mr. Hill doesn't owe us anything, I firmly believe that he owes us EVERYTHING. We stood by you after all these years, humbly swallowing the sight of our 93 million dollars worth of investment vanish before our very eyes. He could at least have gotten us something through a sign-and-trade. Thanks for nothing Grant.

quote:
Originally posted by The Prophecy:

We stood by you after all these years, humbly swallowing the sight of our 93 million dollars worth of investment vanish before our very eyes.

Sending Pat Garrity to the moon would've cost less.

quote:

How do you spell traitor?

H-I-L-L

If he would have retired we would have had capspace.

If we would have used the allan houston rule on him we would have had capspace.

So many times he could have been traded to a worse team and he wasn't.

If the magic said they didn't want him, Ok but if they did...he's a traitor.

quote:
Originally posted by Nell2ThaIzzay:

I truly believe that anyone who thinks Grant "owes" us is a moron who shouldn't be watching basketball, or posting their opinion of it on a public message board.

Don't lump us all in the same boat. Personally I'm rooting for Grant to get a ring. I know it would kill the haters but He's a class act and I'd love to see it.

The weird thing is in one thread you have everyone upset saying what a traitor Grant is because he indicated he might be back and then in another thread we have everyone defending a GM who promised a player he would be resigned and is now saying he doesn't need to tell the player the time of day so he can resign him.

Real Homer mentality. True enough.

However I have to say. IF you are so derogatory about Magic fans what are you doing here?

Thanks, to Mr. Grant Hill, still well respected, and class act citizen, this guy should be the face, or spokesperson for the NBA.

I hope that the few people with small minds do not burn our bridges with this wonderful human being. I wouldn't mind to have this guy back one day coaching, scouting or whatever in this organization. It is very obvious to anyone actually watching he is extremely intellegent, and a good person. He has done, and probably will continue(as he plans to still reside here) to do so much for the community here in Orlando

I think he deserves a warm send off, and I for one hope we see him again next year in the championship series, where I will continue to cheer for him. Except on the odd chance that Phoenix gets luck and beats us two games.

nell2thaizzay is the moron here. You obviously have not been a Magic fan for long. Magic fans have had to deal with his injuries for 7 seasons. I think we all expected a little bit of loyalty, and we didn't get it. We got screwed, again. Saying Magic fans disgust you is wrong. Magic fans deserve a player who respects the fans and the team. Grant Hill leaving the team for a "contender" hurts some feelings. He does owe the Magic. About $90 million. There are alot of fans that don't get it, and you're one of them. You post like you know him personally, is this his wife? Why are you so bent out of shape? I don't think he's a bad person, but a pretty selfish one.

quote:
Originally posted by Nell2ThaIzzay:

Um then dont come on our message board anymore? i mean i dont like gator nation so i stay away from "The swammp" and out of gainsville. IF you hate magic fans its pretty d@mn stupid of you to come to the place that is HOME TO MAGIC FANS...retard