Sign in to follow this  
Courtskils

Are we again becoming the Orlando Tragic?

Oh and why I'm at it, name a better deal for Kobe Bryant. Tons of capspace and tons of young talent. If Kobe Bryant was ever to be trade which I doubt he ever would, this would be one of the best deals on the table.

Nobody will trade there best asset for Bryant. And if they took big contracts back they would stay in mediocrity for a long time. This gets rid of Kobe and Lamar's contracts and Brown's expires last year.

You have a nuclues of Farmer, Walton, Sun Jue, Yi Lian, Redick, Bynum, Milicec, and Ariza along with Cap Space to sign two All-Stars for ex: Marion and Arenas. I don't think anyone can come up with a better scenario for the Lakers.

That's why Kobe Bryant is what you would call an untradeable assett. No matter how much he wants to be traded, he can't be traded out of LA for a bunch of role players, who hardly have any name recognition outside of Orlando Magic fans.

quote:
Otis Smith has done nothing to impress me. He is all talk. Creative financing. How creative do you need to be to renounce rights to Hill and Darko to sign Lewis?

Once all is said and done. If Otis somehow clears room for Darko are you going to apologize for bashing him?

As I said before its too early to tell what going to happen. You cant bash a guy for unfinished work.

these boards are whats tragic right now. people have the worst attitudes and its still too early to come to the conclusions that people are coming to. lets see how things are july 12th.

darko is the best big man available on the market right now, and we are thin on the frontline without him...we need him for us to be competitive, seriously. pay the man otis...

rashard lewis is overrated, always has been, but we have him now and he will score some points for us. not 25ppg though. so we need a secondary scorer(wishing on jj here), grant hill would have been perfect...oh well...

if we can keep darko i think we will have a solid team, not eastern conf champs yet though. we will need to upgrade the point slightly for that to happen, unless jameer becomes an assist machine. but he wont, because we need a secondary scorer behind shard and jameer will try to fill those shoes instead. its just how he is...a two guard in a point guard body.

Ya, I'll be the first one to give him credit. His recent track record is saying otherwise. Right now I'm not convinced and either is anyone else on this board.

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

quote:
Otis Smith has done nothing to impress me. He is all talk. Creative financing. How creative do you need to be to renounce rights to Hill and Darko to sign Lewis?

Once all is said and done. If Otis somehow clears room for Darko are you going to apologize for bashing him?

As I said before its too early to tell what going to happen. You cant bash a guy for unfinished work.

theres nothing creative about resigning darko now that hes unrestricted because as i understand it, we are allowed to go over the cap to retain him now...unless the creativity was renouncing him to get rashard then resigning him. but then why didnt he just do that from the start??? something isnt adding up...