Sign in to follow this  
Sain

Whats wrong with everyone?

quote:
Originally posted by Sain:

We have not lost darko, stop saying we did. Until we actually lose him stop crying about it. Let Otis do his job and when we do lose darko then you can go cry, but until then just let it unfold. Otis is pretty good at his job, stop doubting him, he said darko was his top priority and i still think he is, just lets watch and stop assuming darko is lost

at last.. finally someone with sense. thank you sain.

quote:

We have not lost darko, stop saying we did. Until we actually lose him stop crying about it. Let Otis do his job and when we do lose darko then you can go cry, but until then just let it unfold. Otis is pretty good at his job, stop doubting him, he said darko was his top priority and i still think he is, just lets watch and stop assuming darko is lost

Agree.

quote:

LOL, I'm going to join the long list of people that agree with you. Until the Magic actually lose Darko I'm going to assume that Otis know what the hell he is doing. He has given me NO reason to think otherwise.

quote:
What's the basis to say Otis is a good GM? He's never proven himself.

He gave Tony battie a 4 year, 6 mil a year contract extension last summer, when he wasn't even a free agent. This is the direct cause of us being in scramble mode now to keep Darko. If he had thought, hrmm, maybe next year we have a salary cap, he could have avoided this deal and we'd be sitting pretty right now.

Keith Bogans for 3 mil? Really? When you have JJ, Dooling, and Grant coming back to play the 2?

I think you might be in over your head. Tony Battie had an opt out clause in his contract that would have made him a free agent last summer. That would have left us with Outlaw and Garrity as our primary backup big men. I wouldn't mind losing Battie's contract now but last year we needed him to stay competitive in the paint.

Bogans contract is alot better than the deal that Stevenson was wanting. Look at the players that you listed at the 2 guard. Dooling is a tweener, Grant is a small forward and until last year had never finished a season for us, and no one was sure what JJ could bring to the table last year (I'm a huge Duke and JJ fan and even I wasn't sure). In hindsight we could have gotten by without Bogans but we didn't know that last summer.

Unlike you, I haven't seen any big mistakes that Otis has made except drafting Fran. Even the situation with the second round picks could be argued wasn't that bad. Supposedly the Milovic kid that we drafted is going to play in summer league. Who knows, maybe the kid will show us something. I know for a fact that Reyshawn Terry wasn't going to make the team with Lewis, Ariza, and maybe Turk and Grant ahead of him. Otis has locked up Lewis so lets see how the Darko situation shapes up. There is no reason to criticize Otis until we see the final product.

quote:
Originally posted by sixninethree:

so leasing Battie last year was worth the problems we now have with the cap?

because getting swept in the 1st round was really worth possibly losing Darko, right....

You really wanted to see Garrity and Outlaw getting major minutes at the backup center and power forward positions? We would have gotten killed in the paint. Again, until we actually lose Darko to another team I'm not going to stress about it. Its all over the news that Otis is currently working a sign and trade with Seattle so Darko's restricted status hasn't changed at all.

Batie was a solid player all last year, and can be a solid contributer on any team in the nba.

Should B hill have started darko over him, to get him xp? yes

Did mr. Smith can him as soon as he was allowed, because he acted as the stupidest, coach in the nba, including zeke? ... YES!

could augustine have played instead of batie last year, HEAll no, I watched all of the summer league games last year, and at the beginning of the season augie was scared to even touch the ball on offense.

Think about this team without batie last year would not have faired nearly as well. And for someone who was not around the team on a day to day basis it is very hard to say one way or the other what kind of work ethic, and influence this young team got from batie.

But I think this young team got a lot of positive leadership out of batie, and that alone was worth it.

Get off mr. Smith's back, everyone who watched the games last year knows that we have a strong group of players assembled here, and I for one am interested in seeing how this all plays out.

you people were probably complaining with your mom's teat in your mouth!!!

quote:
you people were probably complaining with your mom's teat in your mouth!!!

Well I'm 27 so there would be something very wrong with me if I didn't complain about that. LOL

quote:

Monday Morning Quaterbacking my friend. Read "Magic still haven't contacted Darko" thread and see it happen in real time. I went from thinking Otis was incompetent to realizing he's smarter than any other GM we've ever had by a long shot.

Now the truth is that Darko is neither gone nor here. We have until the 11th to find a way to keep him or he's gone.

If he has to go in order to get Rashard, I'm good with it but it would be nice to keep him.

quote:
Originally posted by athena:

quote:

at last.. finally someone with sense. thank you sain.

Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!