Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

beneficial trade proposal for both teams....

i have a great trade idea(imho) that would benefit both teams...tell me what you think...

charlotte: sign and trade gerald wallace

orlando: give up arroyo, battie/turk

reasoning,

charlotte made their big money splash. historically, a tight fisted owner wont make multiple big money transactions in one offseason. they have two needs on that team, a backup point(departure of knight), and a vet leader. that brings us to arroyo, a terrific backup point in a contract year, and batman, a good man overall and a much needed vet for that team. as much as i love turk, i would sub him for battie if charlotte demanded it, but i would rather keep him.

assuming that charlotte thought they couldnt get a better deal elsewhere, both teams would benefit greatly, charlotte would get a good vet and decent backup point with an expiring contract that could benefit them next summer. they could sign wallace for 10mil and send him our way, protecting our precious cap space. with a possible line up of dwight/darko/wallace/ariza we could very well convince billups to take our remaining cap space to lead this team. in the given proposal, we would have a pretty mean second unit as well, with jameer and turk(hopefully)...

so, what do all the pessimists out there have to say?

oh by the way, for all those arroyo fans out there, i included him instead of jameer due solely to his contract, which is way friendlier.

im not hatin on him.

i have a great trade idea(imho) that would benefit both teams...tell me what you think...

charlotte: sign and trade gerald wallace

orlando: give up arroyo, battie/turk

reasoning,

charlotte made their big money splash. historically, a tight fisted owner wont make multiple big money transactions in one offseason. they have two needs on that team, a backup point(departure of knight), and a vet leader. that brings us to arroyo, a terrific backup point in a contract year, and batman, a good man overall and a much needed vet for that team. as much as i love turk, i would sub him for battie if charlotte demanded it, but i would rather keep him.

assuming that charlotte thought they couldnt get a better deal elsewhere, both teams would benefit greatly, charlotte would get a good vet and decent backup point with an expiring contract that could benefit them next summer. they could sign wallace for 10mil and send him our way, protecting our precious cap space. with a possible line up of dwight/darko/wallace/ariza we could very well convince billups to take our remaining cap space to lead this team. in the given proposal, we would have a pretty mean second unit as well, with jameer and turk(hopefully)...

so, what do all the pessimists out there have to say?

oh by the way, for all those arroyo fans out there, i included him instead of jameer due solely to his contract, which is way friendlier.

im not hatin on him.

I actually like this trade and could see Charlotte going for it. All three players have value to Charlotte and they already got JRich.

that trade idea assumes that gortat(or someone) can fill in for 10-15 minutes a night, then have a small ball lineup with dwight wallace turk manning the front court for another 5-10 minutes.

also, i believe that cwebb and ghill would be willing to split the MLE if we can attain gerald wallace. that would solve our frontcourt issues.

I love this proposal. Would be even better if the Bobcats felt the same way. Id rather give turk though as we need as many bigs as we can get.

I think if Otis plays his cards right,and signs Darko for 6-8,and works out a trade with arroyo,bogans,or Garrity,to a team under the cap,like Milwakee,Memhis,or atl,for a future pick, we should have enough to sign Wallace wothout having to give up anyone. With the Mle,we could sign a big,like Joe Smith,C. Webb, or Maglore to backup Dwight,and or Darko. Starters-Nelson,Wallace,Turkoglu,Milicic,Howard. Bench-Diener,Dooling,Redick,Bogans,Ariza,Gortrat,Smith-Webber,Battie,augustine.

quote:
that trade idea assumes that gortat(or someone) can fill in for 10-15 minutes a night, then have a small ball lineup with dwight wallace turk manning the front court for another 5-10 minutes.

that will be a big question mark right from the beginning.

although you cant have two many bigs in my opinion, i believe that battie is certainly replaceable. turk is different. he is a truly solid role player. its harder to duplicate his talent and attitude.

not much input from the posters on the trade proposal...i would do it in an instant. i would take the chance of having a not so deep front line. when you have dwight, you only need one other serviceable big(darko) to dominate the post.