Sign in to follow this  
My 6th Rebuild

The team we let get away because of Rich Devos

Is there any discussion on these boards that changes any of our problems? It's just fans talking basketball. We can talk about firing Hill, changing the line-up, or what would have happened had we kept the 99/00 team. It's all the same.

To point out that it's pointless is pointless itself.

lemonice1,

Welcome to the boards. I agree with everything you said with the possible exception of Chauncey who was at the time in his third year after being the third pick in the draft in 1997. He had not played up to his potential in his first two years, but still was promising enough to have merited a look in the summer.

You are absolutely right though, every team could look at former players and wished they had kept them. It's a useless exercise but there are worse things to write about.

By the way, how can your post be after mine but show and earlier time? Have you discovered time travel? That would be really useful. Please go back to 2000 and tell the team not to sign Grant.

Hindsight is 20/20 but you would think we would hit at least once when drafting outside of the top 5.

My problem with the people that we let go is 1. There was a lot of them 2. We got rid of them in such a hurry that we didn't evaluate them. We give a stiff like Steven Hunter tons of time and fire Billups and Boykins and Maggette out the door as quickly as we get them. I'm glad that Otis is a more patient GM.

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

We drafted Quentin??

The thing is, who would have known that Grant Hill would turn out like this? There is no point to dwell in the past.

Honestly if we had done our hw we would have known that ankle injuries are a recurring injury, expecially a broken ankle......