Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Vinsanity opts out of contract:

quote:
Originally posted by NYMAGICFAN:

Vince Carter is going to have some big news coming soon and it has nothing to do with basketball just wait and see!!!!!!!!!

care to elaborate?

He was always my first choice! His signing would just bring the house down I tell ya. And hopefully bring a new arena up lol. Too bad I don't live there but whatever.

Maybe MC's 60m for 3 years could work? Sounds crazy but we'll see. All this wait for a FA signing is killing me because that draft was really disheartening, to say the least.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:
Originally posted by LilPenny3000:

Dooling/Diener/Arroyo

Vince

Ariza

DarkO

Dwight

you dont have Jameer in there??? not even coming off the bench???

Notice I said "exciting". Seeing a bloated 5'10" guy running around taking bad shots, going for boring lay-ups getting blocked and not getting to the line, never throwing flashy passes etc is definitely not exciting to LiLPenny. LilPenny has noticed not even the cheerleaders get up when they see this act.

Hardaway going one on one, Steve Nash, Stockton passing, Darell Armstrong defending etc. That was exciting!

Just a few of the reasons liLPenny finds these players more enjoyable to watch (apologies to Knappy).

-Travis (people forgot how he was dominating in the summer leagues but thanks to BHill he was modeling suits during the season)

-Dooling's defense and and gameface are fun to watch.

-Even Arroyo's flashy passes sometimes (when he decides to pass) are more exciting to watch.

Nelson could be enjoyable to watch as a reserve if he starts hitting shots in the 4th.

People might say Vince Carter is not a winner this and that which is just an opition. Has Vince ever played for an excellent coach or a dominant big man? Nope.

Otis Bring him here and we're the most exciting team in the east.. easily. And watch out Phoenix, maybe of the whole NBA how about that!

quote:

Nelson could be enjoyable to watch as a reserve if he starts hitting shots in the 4th.

Your posts could be enjoyable to read if they didn't constantly include a criticism of Jameer, regardless of overall topic.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Your posts could be enjoyable to read if they didn't constantly include a criticism of Jameer, regardless of overall topic.

Thanks I guess? And you're right. It's just not fun to hear how this guy is supposedly a core player.. when LiLPenny believes he should be in the developmental league. Trying to get over the fact Otis keeps mentioning him as such.. trying to.. really, LiLPenny is trying.

Knappy needs therapy from the trauma of B.Hill just like LiLPenny needs therapy from watching Nelson. Help!

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by NYMAGICFAN:

Vince Carter is going to have some big news coming soon and it has nothing to do with basketball just wait and see!!!!!!!!!

care to elaborate?

wish I could just wait and see.

In the business side of the NBA that in this free agency period is sometimes referred to as a polker game what does it mean or should we read anything into the fact that everytime there is an article or up-date on Vince it always states that Carter's agent did not return phone calls or respond to the notion that he was close to an agreement.

In other words, is it a positive sign or a negative sign or it doesn't mean anything that Vince's agent has not commented or responded to telephone calls regarding the contract negotiations?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

In the business side of the NBA that in this free agency period is sometimes referred to as a polker game what does it mean or should we read anything into the fact that everytime there is an article or up-date on Vince it always states that Carter's agent did not return phone calls or respond to the notion that he was close to an agreement.

In other words, is it a positive sign or a negative sign or it doesn't mean anything that Vince's agent has not commented or responded to telephone calls regarding the contract negotiations?

I would suggest that it is a positive, they had all of May, June and now July first is upon us and they could not give him the extension (Contract) that he wanted to sign! What does that suggest? I would rely on the old addage...action speaks louder than words here, especially during the poker season as you put it! To sum it all up, it is good news for us, even if we only get a chance to talk to him about comming home!

On a more personal note, I am the type of person that when I have said all that I have to say....that's it, everything else will be determined from my actions. I like it, he said he wanted to be a FA...and he is, we have also heard him say that he wants to come home.........and we are waiting!!!!

I hate to post this cause I'm on the Carter train but I feel if I find an up-date I should provide it. This article boasts multiple sources stating Vince is staying. I hope they're wrong. Check this:

quote:

Nets' Carter opts out of deal

Saturday, June 30, 2007

By AL IANNAZZONE

STAFF WRITER

Vince Carter will be free to go to whatever team he wants on Sunday, but the All-Star shooting guard isn't expected to leave the Nets.

According to league sources, Carter opted out of his contract Friday, one day before today's deadline, and will become a free agent on Sunday.

It's no surprise Carter did that. The Nets, who officially will announce today that Carter opted out, expected him to forgo the final year and $16.3 million owed him. The only stunner would be if Carter somehow winds up with another team.

Teams can begin negotiating with free agents on Sunday. At that time, the Nets are expected to offer Carter a guaranteed four-year deal with a partial guarantee for a fifth year for a total of $65 million guaranteed.

Nothing is agreed upon, but multiple NBA sources say it's a formality, and that Carter's camp could say yes as early as Sunday.

The only foreseeable holdup is team president Rod Thorn will be out of town this weekend. But Thorn will carry his cellphone with him and is expected to speak with Carter's agent, Kurt Schoeppler, on Sunday. If not, the agreement may have to wait until Monday or Tuesday.

"He said he wants to play here and we certainly would like to sign him," Thorn said. "Hopefully we can."

Thorn continues to be cautious and often says until a contract is signed, it's not signed. But all indications are Carter, who is a favorite of owner Bruce Ratner, will put his name on a new deal on July 11, the first day teams can sign free agents. If so, the Nets likely would have a news conference for Carter on July 12.

"Vince is not going anywhere," a person close to Carter said.

"He's going to be a Net," another source said. "It's virtually a done deal. It's going to happen."

The Nets were permitted to negotiate with Schoeppler on an extension until today's deadline, or when Carter opted out. Since they couldn't agree on an extension, Carter will get a new deal.

Schoeppler did not return phone calls seeking comment.

All season, it was believed the Nets could face some competition from Orlando or Charlotte, two teams under the cap and closer to Carter's Florida home. But both teams are operating as if they don't want Carter or don't think he's leaving the Nets.

The Bobcats acquired Jason Richardson on draft night so they have no need for Carter. The Magic are expected to make their first pitches to Rashard Lewis and Chauncey Billups, but also want to re-sign Darko Milicic, so they likely wouldn't have the money for Carter anyway.

Carter has been acting as if he's not going anywhere.

He's been practicing and working out at the Nets' facility and is planning to hold his basketball camp there in August. Next week, when the Nets go to Orlando for summer league, they're expected to work out and practice at Carter's nearby home. Carter also may take part in some individual workouts.

Once Carter is locked up, the Nets, who drafted 6-foot-10 Sean Williams on Thursday, will try to add more size.

They would like to re-sign Mikki Moore, but also are trying to get bigger through trades.

The Nets discussed sending Richard Jefferson and Nenad Krstic to Indiana for Jermaine O'Neal. The Pacers are sitting on this. They would rather ship O'Neal to the Los Angeles Lakers rather than have him stay in the Eastern Conference.

E-mail: iannazzone@northjersey.com

The Nets sure are confident. I just hope they're wrong. Time will tell.

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2...ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I hate to post this cause I'm on the Carter train but I feel if I find an up-date I should provide it. This article boasts multiple sources stating Vince is staying. I hope they're wrong. Check this:

quote:
Man,Jefferson and Kristic for o'neal,I would jump at that if I was indiana, and for Jersey it would definatly make them a contender,and they could resign Mike Moore. starters-Kidd,Carter,Wright,o'neal,moore

Nets' Carter opts out of deal

Saturday, June 30, 2007

By AL IANNAZZONE

STAFF WRITER

Vince Carter will be free to go to whatever team he wants on Sunday, but the All-Star shooting guard isn't expected to leave the Nets.

According to league sources, Carter opted out of his contract Friday, one day before today's deadline, and will become a free agent on Sunday.

It's no surprise Carter did that. The Nets, who officially will announce today that Carter opted out, expected him to forgo the final year and $16.3 million owed him. The only stunner would be if Carter somehow winds up with another team.

Teams can begin negotiating with free agents on Sunday. At that time, the Nets are expected to offer Carter a guaranteed four-year deal with a partial guarantee for a fifth year for a total of $65 million guaranteed.

Nothing is agreed upon, but multiple NBA sources say it's a formality, and that Carter's camp could say yes as early as Sunday.

The only foreseeable holdup is team president Rod Thorn will be out of town this weekend. But Thorn will carry his cellphone with him and is expected to speak with Carter's agent, Kurt Schoeppler, on Sunday. If not, the agreement may have to wait until Monday or Tuesday.

"He said he wants to play here and we certainly would like to sign him," Thorn said. "Hopefully we can."

Thorn continues to be cautious and often says until a contract is signed, it's not signed. But all indications are Carter, who is a favorite of owner Bruce Ratner, will put his name on a new deal on July 11, the first day teams can sign free agents. If so, the Nets likely would have a news conference for Carter on July 12.

"Vince is not going anywhere," a person close to Carter said.

"He's going to be a Net," another source said. "It's virtually a done deal. It's going to happen."

The Nets were permitted to negotiate with Schoeppler on an extension until today's deadline, or when Carter opted out. Since they couldn't agree on an extension, Carter will get a new deal.

Schoeppler did not return phone calls seeking comment.

All season, it was believed the Nets could face some competition from Orlando or Charlotte, two teams under the cap and closer to Carter's Florida home. But both teams are operating as if they don't want Carter or don't think he's leaving the Nets.

The Bobcats acquired Jason Richardson on draft night so they have no need for Carter. The Magic are expected to make their first pitches to Rashard Lewis and Chauncey Billups, but also want to re-sign Darko Milicic, so they likely wouldn't have the money for Carter anyway.

Carter has been acting as if he's not going anywhere.

He's been practicing and working out at the Nets' facility and is planning to hold his basketball camp there in August. Next week, when the Nets go to Orlando for summer league, they're expected to work out and practice at Carter's nearby home. Carter also may take part in some individual workouts.

Once Carter is locked up, the Nets, who drafted 6-foot-10 Sean Williams on Thursday, will try to add more size.

They would like to re-sign Mikki Moore, but also are trying to get bigger through trades.

The Nets discussed sending Richard Jefferson and Nenad Krstic to Indiana for Jermaine O'Neal. The Pacers are sitting on this. They would rather ship O'Neal to the Los Angeles Lakers rather than have him stay in the Eastern Conference.

E-mail: iannazzone@northjersey.com

The Nets sure are confident. I just hope they're wrong. Time will tell.

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2...ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2