Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

***NEW! OFFICIAL 2024 PLAYOFFS GAME THREAD: ROUND 1: GAME 2, CAVS. VS MAGIC

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I agree with everything you said. Although I've been critical of Cole, I would play him over AB, this being AB's first playoff experience. He also does not contribute anything but on one end of the court (defense).

I would rather trust Mr. inconsistency (Cole) to constribute in scoring. Tonight might be his night.

Except, it’s Cole’s first playoffs as well. We played well during the season with Goga and AB starting, so why not?!? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results; so why not change it up.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Except, it’s Cole’s first playoffs as well. We played well during the season with Goga and AB starting, so why not?!? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results; so why not change it up.

Jmmagicfan, you got me on that one.

For those who did not read the post, this is in reference to an earlier post where I said AB does not have playoff experience.

Many times I have posted negative comments about Cole, calling him "black hole Cole", "ball hog," etc. I still feel that way about him. /pause.

AB played well in about 2 games in the regular season. Except for the beginning  of the regular season, he stood in the corner while Franz and Paolo were the primary ball handlers.

Cole has made some 3's throughout the regular season. I think AB made about 2 the entire season.

I am at a loss because none of our point guards have been impressive this season as a floor general.

18 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

For those who did not read the post, this is in reference to an earlier post where I said AB does not have playoff experience.

Many times I have posted negative comments about Cole, calling him "black hole Cole", "ball hog," etc. I still feel that way about him. /pause.

AB played well in about 2 games in the regular season. Except for the beginning  of the regular season, he stood in the corner while Franz and Paolo were the primary ball handlers.

Cole has made some 3's throughout the regular season. I think AB made about 2 the entire season.

I am at a loss because none of our point guards have been impressive this season as a floor general.

Ummm AB made like 4 three’s in one game lol. As the season progressed he was a lot more confident in his corner 3 point shot. I think you’re severely undervaluing his offensive game. 

20 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Actually, AB knocked down 37 3-pointers during the regular season. He made 4 in one half during one game. Shot 39.4% from deep. He shot around 46.0% overall.  Cole shot 33.8% from deep and about 43.0% overall. As we all know Cole shoots a whole lot more than AB. If AB is given more chances I think he can be better than Cole percentage wise just as the stats prove here. It may very well be worth giving him a chance. Definitely know that his defense would be better than Cole's.

8 minutes ago, OnlyFranz said:

Ummm AB made like 4 three’s in one game lol. As the season progressed he was a lot more confident in his corner 3 point shot. I think you’re severely undervaluing his offensive game. 

Made those 4 in one half too! He shot a little over 39 percent for the season. His shot may look a little funky, but he can knock them down when given the chance. It's not always how you do it in terms of technique. It's the end results that matter. Not everyone has picture perfect mechanics like JJ Redick did, or 3D back in the day. Rashard Lewis is another one who had a little hitch and yet he was cash money from downtown.

9 minutes ago, OnlyFranz said:

Don't get me wrong, OnlyFranz. I hope AB plays tonight and plays well. After all, it's about the Magic winning and advancing in the playoffs.

21 minutes ago, Time2GetSerious said:

Actually, AB knocked down 37 3-pointers during the regular season. He made 4 in one half during one game. Shot 39.4% from deep. He shot around 46.0% overall.  Cole shot 33.8% from deep and about 43.0% overall. As we all know Cole shoots a whole lot more than AB. If AB is given more chances I think he can be better than Cole percentage wise just as the stats prove here. It may very well be worth giving him a chance. Definitely know that his defense would be better than Cole's.

Uh~uh! AB? Made 37 3-pointers during the regular season?

Well, I have to admit that Bally Sports Florida is not included in my plan with Spectrum Cable TV. I have been streaming games on my 17-inch laptop. 

So, having poor vision and watching the game on a small laptop screen, I probably couldn't tell if it was AB or someone else making a 3? MpdE0L.png

As young(er) people would say: "My Bad"!

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Uh~uh! AB? Made 37 3-pointers during the regular season?

Well, I have to admit that Bally Sports Florida is not included in my plan with Spectrum Cable TV. I have been streaming games on my 17-inch laptop. 

So, having poor vision and watching the game on a small laptop screen, I probably couldn't tell if it was AB or someone else making a 3? MpdE0L.png

As young(er) people would say: "My Bad"!

In your defense AB did look much different when he changed up his hair. I honestly thought it was another player! Lol! 

15 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

If AB has performed so well deserving as starting point guard, why has'nt Mosley given him the greenlight as the starter?

Well imo Mosely doesn’t really know what he’s doing? Should go back to being an assistant.  I don’t think AB deserves a starting job right now, but he might be the best alternative to what we have. His length and hustle on D could disrupt their guards and lead to easy buckets. Something this team desperately needs right now. 

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Well imo Mosely doesn’t really know what he’s doing? Should go back to being an assistant.  I don’t think AB deserves a starting job right now, but he might be the best alternative to what we have. His length and hustle on D could disrupt their guards and lead to easy buckets. Something this team desperately needs right now. 

Exactly. Defense creates our offense. Need to force a bunch of turnovers and get out on the break. Plus, I am sure they would pretty much allow AB to shoot 3's until he makes a couple. And he is more than capable of knocking them down. He is shooting nearly 40 percent from downtown. That has to be pretty close to the best, if not the best percentage on the team.