Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Draft Thread

https://www.noceilingsnba.com/p/carlton-carrington-is-demanding-your

Carlton Carrington been the biggest surprise so far this season wasnt even in the top 100 on some recruiting sites heading into the season. Appeared on zero mock drafts or big boards I saw. First game in college basketball had a triple double. He's a really accomplished scorer off the dribble and a big PG at 6'5. He's beating up on bad competition at the moment but be interesting to see how he plays as the year goes on. Looks a lottery pick this early though.

On 11/13/2023 at 5:53 AM, Babir_9 said:

Any crazy Europeans? 

Topic and Sarr are probably the real deals next draft. 
Juan Nunez is a ultra smart floor general. Not sure about his NBA outlook. 

I don’t know what year he’ll be eligible, but remember the name Karchenkov (german) just turned 17 and is already playing at a high level, also in euroleague. 
he’s not Doncic material, but he reminds me a lot of a smaller Franz Wagner. Just the way he plays. He’s going to be a tall SG. He’s 6,7 ft and very mobile. 

Rob Dillingham is super fun. A quick guard with handles and a smooth jumper. 

He's 6'1 and rail thin so he struggles to finish at the rim and his defense in the league is going to be an issue and, honestly this might discount him from being a Magic pick alone, but I like watching him play. 

And y'know that whole Kentucky guard thing if you believe in it. 

1 hour ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

We should rade our unprotected 2024 pick before the league realizes how late it's going to be.

We very well might trade it... But I think the rest of the league might know how to look at the standings... 

Between the Magic being good and this draft being weird/bad this draft season is super fun. I have no idea what to focus on since I've no idea where (or even if) we'll be picking, I'm just trying to keep up with a bit of everything.

Only position of “need” is a backup center. We aren’t going to be in the position to get that star level SG. 

So i’m looking at bigs, at hybrid PF/C out there.. 

Right now i think we are going to draft Almansa or Klintmann or Ware. Depending on where we pick. 

But in all honesty, i’d trade the pick and even more if we’d get our perfect fit player back. 

Let’s say for Simons. 

Reed Sheppard isn't even in ESPNs top 100 at the moment but I'd use a first round pick on him. Playing good defense, flashes some good passing and shooting the leather off the ball. 

Be a bit surprised if he doesn't end up a lottery pick, but if he isn't we should be trying to grab him.

Doesn't have the flash of Dillingham or the hype of Wagner but he's actually my favourite Kentucky guard.

17 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Only position of “need” is a backup center. 

I don't see how this is true anymore to be honest. Before the season I would have agreed with you but WCJ + Goga + Mo + Isaac is a lot of good depth.

8 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I don't see how this is true anymore to be honest. Before the season I would have agreed with you but WCJ + Goga + Mo + Isaac is a lot of good depth.

agree. You can swing for upside though.. 

And although i like Gigs and Mo, they have significant weaknesses that are covered up by smart rotation. 

They put Goga in the starting lineup because all he needs to do is set screens and block shots. He can’t really do much more. And Mo is an offensive threat but plays bad defense. 

mil keeping Mo for sure because he’s special in combination with Isaac.. So basically i’d draft someone like Klintmann/ Almansa 

good defensive players with some good flashes of an offensive threat. That’s if we go the draft route.. i’d still like a veteran behind WCJ. Imagine Vooch off the bench 

29 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

agree. You can swing for upside though.. 

And although i like Gigs and Mo, they have significant weaknesses that are covered up by smart rotation. 

They put Goga in the starting lineup because all he needs to do is set screens and block shots. He can’t really do much more. And Mo is an offensive threat but plays bad defense. 

mil keeping Mo for sure because he’s special in combination with Isaac.. So basically i’d draft someone like Klintmann/ Almansa 

good defensive players with some good flashes of an offensive threat. That’s if we go the draft route.. i’d still like a veteran behind WCJ. Imagine Vooch off the bench 

Not sure I see what you see with Almansa, I like his offense a lot more than I like his defense at present. 

I also don't think Klintman is a 5 at all really. 

I'm not really worrying too much about what position we target anyway, outside the lottery in this draft I'd just be trying to find someone who could be a rotation player whatever position they play. 

Honestly, we might just trade the pick. It's not like we have much opportunity for minutes on this team for a rookie anyway.