Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Draft Thread

Colorado/Marquette should be a good game today from a scouting perspective. 

Tristan Da Silva

Cody Williams

KJ Simpson 

Tyler Kolek

Oso Ighodaro

Kam Jones

All on show. 

Also Clemson/Baylor has PJ Hall, Yves Missi and Jakobe Walter.

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Colorado/Marquette should be a good game today from a scouting perspective. 

Tristan Da Silva

Cody Williams

KJ Simpson 

Tyler Kolek

Oso Ighodaro

Kam Jones

All on show. 

Also Clemson/Baylor has PJ Hall, Yves Missi and Jakobe Walter.

Yep, nice day for scouting..

Especially because most of those players could be in our range..

Kolek is rarely mentioned, but he is really nice. I like Kam Jones too, Cody Williams has that potential. Ighodaro i’m actually not too much of a fan besides athletic ability 

3 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

Yep, nice day for scouting..

Especially because most of those players could be in our range..

Kolek is rarely mentioned, but he is really nice. I like Kam Jones too, Cody Williams has that potential. Ighodaro i’m actually not too much of a fan besides athletic ability 

Yea Igodahro is clearly a good basketball player but he's an undersized, non shooting big. Think he's the kind of guy who needs a specific fit. 

Not sure if Kam Jones will stay for his senior year but he's definitely draftable this year the way he shoots the ball. 

Man Yves Missi went missing in the loss to Clemson. Heard some rumbles he's dealing with and playing through a back injury but back injuries for bigs also doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence..

9 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Caleb Love. Or my guy Shannon. 

wow didn’t expect those two names.. imma look more into Caleb..

Shannon is a great player. He has to clear those allegations first though. 

13 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

Who do y’all draft junkies believe has the highest ceiling in the upcoming draft?

Besides the obvious top guys who are all kind of up at the top specifically because teams believe they have the highest ceilings I'll say Ulrich Chomche. I don't know much about him to be honest but he's young, athletic, super long played off the radar in Africa so possible scope for growth with better coaching, flashed some skills beyond just being a rim protecting big. But that's kind of a "mystery box" pick because I've never actually seen him play meaningful minutes in a basketball game. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Besides the obvious top guys who are all kind of up at the top specifically because teams believe they have the highest ceilings I'll say Ulrich Chomche. I don't know much about him to be honest but he's young, athletic, super long played off the radar in Africa so possible scope for growth with better coaching, flashed some skills beyond just being a rim protecting big. But that's kind of a "mystery box" pick because I've never actually seen him play meaningful minutes in a basketball game. 

Yeah that’s why i’m not mentioning him at all as a possible pick. Never seen him play. I don’t care too much about highlights on youtube. It’s only good to see how movement is, maybe skills like ball handling abilities. Like Embiid, he did have some burn at Kansas, but it really stood out that he has the tools to dominate. Never seen a prospect with that bag and skill, along with that body since.. 

My guy, and i don’t say he’s under the radar, is Tidjaun Salaun. The guy is build freakishly. 7’4 wing span and he isn’t raw at all. He has some nice tools. He’s just not given the ball too much. But that’s because he plays professional ball and coaches in europe don’t let youngsters off the leash too much. 

He looks like he can add some serious muscle to his frame too. Reminds me of Batum a bit. (but potentially with some muscle) His ball handling is underrated. 

Can improve as a playmaker (doesn’t really get the chance to showcase this) 

and he is a really good defender. This dude anticipates these passing lanes so good. I’m imagining Suggs, Isaac and Salaun disrupting passing lanes like crazy.. 

I never mention him as a pick for us, because i doubt he’d be available for us. But in recent mocks i’ve seen him go in the 20s which is crazy to me. Imo he’s better than Buzelis and also has more upside. 

So if he’s available, i’m drafting him. I guess there are some more names potentially in play in our draft..