Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Good job slowing the pace and trimming into the lead. This is gonna be harder than it should be, but we still have a chance to steal one

If we don't play defense. There is no chance to win tonight. NONE. Once the lead stretched to 21 the game was over. In the second half it will swing back and forth from an 8 point deficit to a 16 point deficit. It's a giveaway game folks. When I found out that it was such I bet some people in my office 300 bucks that the Wizards would snag the win tonight before the game. They all said that the Wizards are horrible and that they have lost 15 straight. They were all eager to take that bet. At least I'll make a little something this evening to make up for such a horrible game.

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

We were down by 30+ pts. We would have gone into halftime down by 9 if it had not been for a missed shot and then allowing them to make a 3.

I don't think the Wizards can continue to shoot the way they did in the first half. We are down by only 12 with 2 quarters to go. I think winning this game is doable.

Actually, the biggest deficit tonight was 21 I believe.  Although at times it felt like it was by 30 plus!

15 minutes ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

If we don't play defense. There is no chance to win tonight. NONE. Once the lead stretched to 21 the game was over. In the second half it will swing back and forth from an 8 point deficit to a 16 point deficit. It's a giveaway game folks. When I found out that it was such I bet some people in my office 300 bucks that the Wizards would snag the win tonight before the game. They all said that the Wizards are horrible and that they have lost 15 straight. They were all eager to take that bet. At least I'll make a little something this evening to make up for such a horrible game.

Thank you for your insight, Debbie Downer! Wah, wah, waaaaaah. Tie game!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jmmagicfan said:

Thank you for your insight, Debbie Downer! Wah, wah, waaaaaah.

At least I'll get my money. I had this on lock from the beginning. Smelled it coming from a mile away, as if I were catching a whiff of a Whopper sizzling on the grill at McDonalds. 

• Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

At least I'll get my money. I had this on lock from the beginning. Smelled it coming from a mile away, as if I were catching a whiff of a Whopper sizzling on the grill at McDonalds. 

Whopper is Burger King, genius! LOL!

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

The Magic is playing too much matador defense--just swiping at the ball as a Wizard player blows by them and makes a layup.

It's a "giveaway" game tonight as they rest a bunch of guys and it's a back-to-back. That's why I am about to make some easy money tonight from a bunch of coworkers. 

• Downvote 2