CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

Honestly, even if he ends up being washed and cashing a paycheck for 1 year this is fine since we needed to spend the money and by all accounts he's a great teammate. 

8 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Second year team option! Yea!

9 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Seeing some negativity about the money online but the difference between like 7m and 11m is negligible for us, it'll have no baring on our long term flexibility at all. 

Yay! the billionaire can be cheap and not even get close to the tax, and sign and old guy past his prime. And resign another vet who offers nothing except corner shooting.

Woohoo! Let’s all celebrate!!!!

1 minute ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yay! the billionaire can be cheap and not even get close to the tax, and sign and old guy past his prime. And resign another vet who offers nothing except corner shooting.

We literally have no realistic way of getting close to the tax regardless of what free agent we target.

Also my point was we can afford to overpay, the exact opposite of being cheap. 

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

We literally have no realistic way of getting close to the tax regardless of what free agent we target.

Also my point was we can afford to overpay, the exact opposite of being cheap. 

Who did we overpay for?  

24 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Chill out....

It's a 1 year deal... so that money gets to come off the books next year for free agents then...  who did you actually want? Kyrie Irving???

Maybe he could come in here and ruin all the good habits our young guys have???

At least we didn't throw a 200 mill 5 year at an injury prone veteran

We had to expect a deal like this... and Ingles can shoot...and he is NBA tested... not the worst thing to happen in a weak free agent class... 

• Like 2

I'm giving it until half past and then going to bed. Will catch up in the morning. 

Hoping I wake up to more news. We have the flexibility for another solid move if there's any we want to make happen. Would also like to get Mo Wagner tied down too. 1+1/6m total or something inconsequential but still a pay rise for him would be good. 

I expected exactly this. Doesn’t mean I have to be happy about it. Kyrie? Seriously?  Mr. “Hehehehe” Weltman is a clown. That’s his ridiculous laugh btw. That’s my opinion. he has done just enough to keep his job. Nothing else. He’s hoping they get better. That’s not a plan, that’s wishful thinking. Imo. 

7 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I expected exactly this. Doesn’t mean I have to be happy about it. Kyrie? Seriously?  Mr. “Hehehehe” Weltman is a clown. That’s his ridiculous laugh btw. That’s my opinion. he has done just enough to keep his job. Nothing else. He’s hoping they get better. That’s not a plan, that’s wishful thinking. Imo. 

No it ain't wishful thinking. Its believing in the players HE DRAFTED to hit there ceilings and improve year on year. Our team as it stands is making the playoffs unless there is a catastrophe...

Our Roster top to bottom is very very good as it stands. Everything is going to work out