Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

5 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Don't pay too much attention to this post, just trying to escape from work, but wouldn't it be fun to draft Gradey and trade the other pick for Jabari Smith Jr?

We'd have the possibility of having a massive (in size) lineup with shooting at all 5 spots.

Franz, Gradey, Jabari, Paolo, Wendell

Jabari was the 3rd pick a year ago I don't think you get him for the 6th pick given Houston already has #4. 

EDIT: I'm right there with you in avoiding doing work lol

• Like 1

Jonathan Givony's continued insistence on pushing Brandon Miller at 2 feels like shilling for his buddy in Portland to be honest given basically everyone else is saying Charlotte have been completely quiet about it. 

Maybe he's right but from where I'm sat the Portland #3 pick is way more valuable in a trade if Scoot Henderson is on the board. 

6 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Jabari was the 3rd pick a year ago I don't think you get him for the 6th pick given Houston already has #4. 

EDIT: I'm right there with you in avoiding doing work lol

Hahah, it's going to be a tough 3 days

41 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm with you.

I've, somewhat reluctantly, got Whitmore at 6 on my board because he's an awesome athlete who got to the rim a bunch and can shoot. But his lack of feel is kind of unsettling to me and if I were to be more subjective with my rankings he'd probably be lower because I prefer high feel guys. 

Hendricks as well I think is more of a guy I'd be happy picking at 11 than 6 (I have him and Jarace Walker at joint 9/10), just don't believe he's got a load of star upside but it's clear he's got a solid path to be an impactful starter.

Yeah I mean you want guys who can shoot but you don’t want black holes. Not in today’s offense. 

Edit: I rather have Hendricks over Whitmore though.

I’m still on the Scoot train 

Jeff Weltman yesterday in Orlando:

“Character, development path, timetables for the players, how they fit into different sectors of our organization,” Weltman added. “I mean, there’s so many factors that come into play. I will say that one of the things that we’ve been very keen on paying attention to is giving each player a pathway to success and growing into their potential here. And so, that is part of our discussion as we go through the process. If we pick player X, player Z, will he have a pathway here to succeed?

He is so right IMHO......this tells me that THERE ARE GOING TO BE UPCOMING MOVES FROM DRAFT NIGHT TO A FEW WEEKS BEFORE TRAINING CAMP OPENS. How many?  2 or 3 at least and drafting straight up is not considered a move.

With so many mocks going in so many different directions tells me they have absolutely no clue on what we’ll do. Love it.

Just now, Jon said:

With so many mocks going in so many different directions tells me they have absolutely no clue on what we’ll do. Love it.

I'm mostly just happy that nobody is pretending they know what we're going to do like last year. 

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm mostly just happy that nobody is pretending they know what we're going to do like last year. 

Seems like we’ve developed await and see culture in the media which I’m good with.

"The Pistons are deliberating a final group of prospects at the fifth position, where Detroit could still find someone available later in the lottery whom the Pistons would have happily chosen at No. 5. Utah has been in contact with the Pistons about trading up from Nos. 9 and 16, according to league sources, with rival teams of the belief the Jazz are searching to get above Washington’s eighth pick in order to select Arkansas guard Anthony Black. Utah has also contacted Indiana about trading into the seventh selection, sources said. But the Jazz may need to trade above Orlando — or find a trade with the Magic at No. 6 — to secure a chance at Black. Utah has made guard Collin Sexton available in trade talks around the league, sources said."

Source: Jake Fischer 

https://sports.yahoo.com/portland-is-determined-to-improve-around-damian-lillard-and-holds-interest-in-bam-adebayo-145358329.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cucmVkZGl0LmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFZAHxkxeP-LE7aoGHxm1Sh1S5dGFi3to9mYUPySxpbQfmWYyfXe7aTfU_o_7nOrgNc3rD-B7Xvv9jfovcP8euv47r5bChpeV6sRGl61YpnZw5SS1Gd-bjnRtF874cm9LFV8892OrH_Tbok9X-j_h7Z39TVEQgqrz1mamRvlR5tY

Implication feels like Utah believe we might pick Ant Black. But there's also a suggestion we might be willing to trade pick 6 to them. 

33 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Trade me Devin Vassell and I'd consider giving them 6.

I’m not a big fan of that scenario. 

Vassell is solid but not a guy I’m focused on.