Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Nuggets - Thurs., Feb. 9th @ 7 PM

17 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Caleb is 1 knockdown shooter..

16 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I want to see more Caleb. He is promising. Plays smart and the game is slowing down for him. 

8 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Pure shooter we desperately needed

Caleb Houstan needs more playing time. After doing a research on him at the beginning of the 2022-2023 season,  I posted the following image in the opening 2022-2023  Game Thread.

CALEB HOUSTAN IS A SLEEPER Y'ALL!!

KwZSd8.gif

ulst6w.png

Bol Bol reflects on his time with the Denver Nuggets amid his strong season with the Magic

Source:  OWEN CRISAFULLI
JAN 16, 2023

While many folks will look at the potent duo of Paolo Banchero and Franz Wagner as the future of the Magic, they have several other solid young players who are thriving in their roles this season. One such player is former Denver Nuggets castoff Bol Bol. Despite his impressive physical traits, Bol never panned out with the Nuggets, but he has found a new role with the Magic this season and has thrived. 

After playing just 53 games over the first three seasons of his career in Denver, Bol appears to be on pace to hit that total in just his first season with Orlando. Bol has already played in 39 games this season, and his numbers (11.9 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 0.9 APG, 58.5 FG%) are far better than they ever were with the Nuggets. Bol recently reflected on his time with Denver amid his breakout season in Orlando and admitted that he could have worked harder to find a fit with the Nuggets.

"Yeah, I can say there was a little bit, I feel I could've worked a lot harder. That was just me being young. That's one of the things I learned, you have to work hard or (stuff's) not gonna work out for you. I think it (was) very good for me. (My time in Denver) definitely put me through a lot. Even off the court and on the court. But I think everyone goes through their own struggles. Nothing's ever completely over. Here, people might think, 'Oh, he'll never play again.' Here, I just learned a lot from watching (Nikola) Jokic. That was big for me." - Bol Bol, The Denver Post

LINK:  https://www.basketballnetwork.net/latest-news/bol-bol-drops-brutally-honest-take-on-his-time-with-denver-nuggets-amid-breakout-campaign

Bol Bol's potential has been on full display with the Orlando Magic this season

Source:  OWEN CRISAFULLI
JAN 16, 2023

Whether it was due to injuries, or simply an inability to find a role for himself in the Nuggets rotation, Bol just didn't pan out in Denver. But sometimes, that's what happens in the NBA. Certain players thrive on some teams, while struggling on others. The Nuggets didn't necessarily have the time to wait for Bol to develop, but the Magic did, and so far this season, they are reaping the rewards of that move.

Bol's numbers are solid this season, but it feels like this may only be the tip of the iceberg. Bol is an incredibly athletic player, especially considering he is 7'2, 220 pounds, which makes him a very unique prospect in the league. Bol can shoot, get into the paint, and rebound at a high clip. And as he continues to learn how to improve his play, his ceiling will only be raised higher and higher.

So while the Magic crawl through another rebuilding year, it's been fun to watch Bol break out and become a key piece of their future in the process. He's only 23 years old, and it feels like he has much time to continue to improve, especially for a rebuilding Magic team. And if Bol can continue to find ways to develop, the Magic will surely be set to benefit significantly from it in future years. 

LINK:  https://www.basketballnetwork.net/latest-news/bol-bol-drops-brutally-honest-take-on-his-time-with-denver-nuggets-amid-breakout-campaign