CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

My best guess would be when draft night comes and the #1 pick is announced... whoever that ends up being... no one should assume we are keeping the player drafted until the 5th or 6th pick has been announced.

I had more fun watching Penny and T-Mac than I did Lewis, Dwight, Vuc, Ryan Anderson, etc.  So if Sharpe truly has as high a ceiling as anyone in this draft, I want him above everyone else.  Ask Houston if they liked passing on MJ even though they got Hakeem. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

The question is why? A guy who averaged 7.5 puts. 4.4 reb. And less than a block a game in 16 minutes in the NBL. Wtf are they doing? 

He's one of like 120 players we'll work out. Plus there aren't that many 7'2 guys on the planet. And although this shouldn't be a consideration he comes with a pretty rabid Filipino fan base which could be a nice boost to your G league teams revenue. 

We're going to work out a lot of guys but we're only going to draft 1-3 players. We'll probably never even have the intention to draft 90/100 guys we work out. Most of them will just be general intel gathering, some of them will be favours for agents to maintain good relationships or whatever. 

Also unlike previous years virtually everyone will want to work out for us because we have the #1 pick and 2 high 2nds so there's a lot of opportunity and reason to want to impress us. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Amen.  Goes to the points I’ve made about tanking many times.  It prevents you from developing your team in the never-ending quest for the next great thing.

Let’s hope we draft someone who turns out to be very good and we focus all our efforts going forward on finding ways to win games, and we put all the rest behind us.  It won’t be easy to change direction from tanking to grinding out wins, the players will need to undergo a major shift in their outlook and approach, but maybe we can do it.  

My stance is starting to change. I used to be more pro-tanking, but these top 5 picks also come with problems (Kyrie, Simmons, etc) and teams that just refuse to be bad can be as competitive - Miami Heat, Toronto Raptors.

10 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

CT you brought up Alabama, so Jabari against them in 2 games averaged 21 points 6 rebounds 2.5 blocks and shot 13/24 and 9/18 from 3. So you kinda proved my point.
Jabari>>>>Chet

Can't argue with that utterly flawless logic. I'm convinced! 

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

In other news, Mike Schmitz is going to be Portland’s assistant general manager. Happy for him, but I’ll selfishly miss his breakdowns 

Yea good for him. He's worked super hard but it's a blow for people who consume draft content. 

This one would be a complete upside play in the early second if it happened. 6'8 forward, young and athletic, plays super hard, no jumper though and barely played as a freshman. There's some thought that with another year in college he could be a first rounder so might be worth a gamble. Very raw though, not a lot of offensive skill at all at the moment.