CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

12 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

You obviously did not pay attention to the G League season.  If you have google it takes 1 minute.  

He had a 'sore right knee' that caused him to sit out the last couple games of the year. (I've seen suggestions that he just gave up on the season) That's it. He had already had all his bad games before that. I can't find any suggestion he had any other injuries that would have affected his play. 

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

He had a 'sore right knee' that caused him to sit out the last couple games of the year. (I've seen suggestions that he just gave up on the season) That's it. He had already had all his bad games before that. I can't find any suggestion he had any other injuries that would have affected his play. 

Not what happened but you have already made up your mind you do not like him.  Imagine him a year from now with more development in next years draft.

19 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

Not what happened but you have already made up your mind you do not like him.  Imagine him a year from now with more development in next years draft.

Show me it's not what happened then? Provide a link. I'm happy to be wrong. 

9 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Show me it's not what happened then? Provide a link. I'm happy to be wrong. 

You have google like I do right?  I am not going to find it again to sent to you.  

31 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

Moses Moody draft profile:  Long, decent defender,  and okay shooter  43% from the field and 36% from 3 in college.   Below average athlete with no first step and shot creation.  Upside is a role player at best.  Should not be drafted in the lottery.

95% of the league is made up of role players. There are levels to role players and Moody has the potential to be a very high end role player. 

He's a good shooter. A strong, long and generally smart defender and he gets to the FT line a bunch. But he has pathways to more than a role player by developing as a tough shot maker and/or by proving that his ridiculously efficient Pick and Roll numbers (98th percentile but on low volume) are real. 

I personally can't see an argument for 14 better prospects than him in this draft. 

8 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

You have google like I do right?  I am not going to find it again to sent to you.  

My bad I thought we were on a forum where people share and discuss ideas. 

You said it only takes a minute to find in a previous post? 

10 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

My bad I thought we were on a forum where people share and discuss ideas. 

You said it only takes a minute to find in a previous post? 

Honestly it was an article I cannot find now.  Sow here is my point.  Kuminga's upside is to good to pass up.  I see him as a turbo charged Kawhi eventually.  Moody says total bust I would not touch him at 8 I want Bouknight at all cost.  We need shot creators!  

1 hour ago, og magic fan said:

Honestly it was an article I cannot find now.  Sow here is my point.  Kuminga's upside is to good to pass up.  I see him as a turbo charged Kawhi eventually.  Moody says total bust I would not touch him at 8 I want Bouknight at all cost.  We need shot creators!  

Yeah, this isn't remotely accurate. Very little between players in the 8-14 range Moody and Bouknight included. Bouknight is almost 2 years older than Moody (22 Months) had a worse FT% and 3P% despite having played an additional college season and turned the ball over at an alarming rate compared to Moody. Bouknight definitely quicker/more athletic which bodes well for NBA level yet Moody considered the better defender despite this and being 2 years younger.

In terms of Kuminga. He had a slight knee injury for the last few games but it's been widely reported that he quit on the team and 'disappeared' I would link a number of those reports but as you said previously, it takes only 1 minute to google so you can do that yourself.

Personally I wanted no part of Kuminga when we had a top 4 pick but at 5 I can certainly see why people prefer him over Barnes, he has higher star/bust potential due to how young he is (should be in high school still.) If it's a straight choice between Barnes and Kuminga I would take the risk and go for Kuminga due to the fact we have no superstar and need to swing for the fences. Coupled with the fact we will be bad for the next 3 years, we also can take our time with Kuminga and not rush developing him. It all depends on how ballsy the front office is. So far they've shown more often than not that they're risk averse so they could easily go with the safer option in Barnes I just feel that leaves us treadmilling in the future if we don't get lucky in the 2022 and 2023 drafts.

Moody          GP    MIN    FG%    3P%    FT%    REB     AST     BLK    STL   PF    TO    PTS
                      32    33.8   42.7 35.8   81.2    5.8     1.6     0.7    1.0   2.3    1.6    16.8
Bouknight    GP    MIN    FG%    3P%    FT%    REB    AST    BLK    STL    PF    TO    PTS
                    15 31.7 44.7    29.3    77.8    5.7    1.8    0.3    1.1    1.9    2.8    18.7

12 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

Yeah, this isn't remotely accurate. Very little between players in the 8-14 range Moody and Bouknight included. Bouknight is almost 2 years older than Moody (22 Months) had a worse FT% and 3P% despite having played an additional college season and turned the ball over at an alarming rate compared to Moody. Bouknight definitely quicker/more athletic which bodes well for NBA level yet Moody considered the better defender despite this and being 2 years younger.

In terms of Kuminga. He had a slight knee injury for the last few games but it's been widely reported that he quit on the team and 'disappeared' I would link a number of those reports but as you said previously, it takes only 1 minute to google so you can do that yourself.

Personally I wanted no part of Kuminga when we had a top 4 pick but at 5 I can certainly see why people prefer him over Barnes, he has higher star/bust potential due to how young he is (should be in high school still.) If it's a straight choice between Barnes and Kuminga I would take the risk and go for Kuminga due to the fact we have no superstar and need to swing for the fences. Coupled with the fact we will be bad for the next 3 years, we also can take our time with Kuminga and not rush developing him. It all depends on how ballsy the front office is. So far they've shown more often than not that they're risk averse so they could easily go with the safer option in Barnes I just feel that leaves us treadmilling in the future if we don't get lucky in the 2022 and 2023 drafts.

Moody          GP    MIN    FG%    3P%    FT%    REB     AST     BLK    STL   PF    TO    PTS
                      32    33.8   42.7 35.8   81.2    5.8     1.6     0.7    1.0   2.3    1.6    16.8
Bouknight    GP    MIN    FG%    3P%    FT%    REB    AST    BLK    STL    PF    TO    PTS
                    15 31.7 44.7    29.3    77.8    5.7    1.8    0.3    1.1    1.9    2.8    18.7

You fans seem to want Barnes and Moody right?

8 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

You fans seem to want Barnes and Moody right?

Literally put out of a choice between Barnes and Kuminga I would take Kuminga lol.

At 8 my number one choice is Moody, Bouknight is actually my 2nd choice if they don't take Moody. I prefer Moody because;

1. Taller, bigger frame and longer wingspan than Bouknight. Will be a scoring wing able to play/defend the 2 and 3. Bouknight will just be a 2 guard.

2. Moody was more consistent that Bouknight last year in college. Played double the amount of games yet still put up better numbers and was less streaky.

3. Moody is 2 years younger.

Bouknight definitely has more ways he can score right now than Moody, some of that is his superior athleticism some of it is he is older and has had an extra year in college. I do like them both though.

3 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

Literally put out of a choice between Barnes and Kuminga I would take Kuminga lol.

At 8 my number one choice is Moody, Bouknight is actually my 2nd choice if they don't take Moody. I prefer Moody because;

1. Taller, bigger frame and longer wingspan than Bouknight. Will be a scoring wing able to play/defend the 2 and 3. Bouknight will just be a 2 guard.

2. Moody was more consistent that Bouknight last year in college. Played double the amount of games yet still put up better numbers and was less streaky.

3. Moody is 2 years younger.

Bouknight definitely has more ways he can score right now than Moody, some of that is his superior athleticism some of it is he is older and has had an extra year in college. I do like them both though.

Moody screams not bust but low floor.  No way in the top 10.  He is not athletic and has no shot creation.  Honestly I would prefer Kispert over him.  At least I know Kispert is an amazing shooter.