1. 1. Who do you want draft day 2013?

• Shabazz Muhammad
    • Ben McLemore
    • Nerlens Noel
    • Marcus Smart
    • Anthony Bennett
    • Michael Carter-Williams
    • Another Player not Listed
  2. 2. Do you think Marcus Smart fits in O Town?

Wiggins in 2014 is the most important thing to get. We also need a PG but I don't know if Smart is the right one, I like his defense though

If we land Smart in 2013, and then Wiggins in 2014 I'd be a very happy chap indeed. Smart can become a very good PG, and Wiggins has the potential to be a star.

C - Vučević

PF - Nicholson

SF - Wiggins

SG - Affalo (?)

PG - Smart

Potentially that's an excellent lineup that might make this team a contender.

More and more I'm starting to feel like if we don't draft Marcus Smart I'll be disappointed, he's BPA in my opinion.

Probably. I'd prefer taking him at number 3 or 4 than #1 though. Mainly because I think he'll be there and I don't want us to blow our load lucking into the first pick prematurely. No need banging out the ugly chick when the prom queen is giving you "do me" eyes.

Probably. I'd prefer taking him at number 3 or 4 than #1 though. Mainly because I think he'll be there and I don't want us to blow our load lucking into the first pick prematurely. No need banging out the ugly chick when the prom queen is giving you "do me" eyes.

In the draft with westbrook. The rob and the thunder took him a lot earlier than projected. If he targets smart, I think he does not play around and drafts him.

In the draft with westbrook. The rob and the thunder took him a lot earlier than projected. If he targets smart, I think he does not play around and drafts him.

Oh no, I agree Henny will and probably should. I'd just prefer the ping pong Gods be on our side next year rather than this year ;)

I don't get any of the love affair with MCW, at all. He's tall and plays point...big deal. You still have to be able to shoot and defend in the NBA, and he doesn't do either well.

He's not a bad defender at all really and he has the 3rd best SPG average in the nation. I'm not saying he's a lockdown defender, but he's at least average. His shot needs work, but he has excellent vision and is a good rebounder for a guard. I think he has huge upside. I'm not saying the Magic draft him and I do like Smart as well but something about him intrigues me. I also watch Syracuse a lot, so I may have a bias.

He's not a bad defender at all really and he has the 3rd best SPG average in the nation. I'm not saying he's a lockdown defender, but he's at least average. His shot needs work, but he has excellent vision and is a good rebounder for a guard. I think he has huge upside. I'm not saying the Magic draft him and I do like Smart as well but something about him intrigues me. I also watch Syracuse a lot, so I may have a bias.

I read that he (MCW) does not handle ball pressure well. Do notice that while watching him?

Who, Smart? Smart to me seems to handle the pressure just fine. Especially toward the end of the game where he seems to make clutch plays on the defensive or the offensive end in close games. Be it a game tying three or a clutch steal or forcing a turnover, Smart does that. So, I would assume that he handles pressure a lot better than McLemore handled it when they played against each other last week.

Who, Smart? Smart to me seems to handle the pressure just fine. Especially toward the end of the game where he seems to make clutch plays on the defensive or the offensive end in close games. Be it a game tying three or a clutch steal or forcing a turnover, Smart does that. So, I would assume that he handles pressure a lot better than McLemore handled it when they played against each other last week.

In the other post, I was responding to the comment about MCW. I know smart handles the pressure fine. though, I was not meaning crunch time. I was referring to ball pressure, ball hawking, or hard press defense. I keeping hearing that MCW has a very loose handle and gets a lot of turnovers verse hard press.

I dont have a problem with smart vs hard press. I do have a problem with smart and a weak off hand (left). He needs more work on it; finishing at the basket and dribbling for longer stints. Players in the nba, lock your strong hand, when playing tight defense, so your bad hand is exposed.