Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Raptors - Wednesday, Nov. 20th at 7:30 P.M.

Seriously though. We have great defensive players and average offensive players so your solution is to trade some of those great defensive players for some more average to above average offensive players

Because your philosophy is that we should be average at offense and average at defense and have no identity at all?

Trade is based on 3 things. I like Allen more then Bamba.I loved what i have seen from Dinwiddie, think we would be buying low because he just doesn't work on a team with Kyrie.I also like Harris, his career 3 point % is incredible. If Ross regains his shot our second unit might actually score on other teams. I think Dinwiddie could be our Lou Williams. With competent center play from Allen  and Aminu, Ross and Harris camped out at the 3 point line.Fultz or Dinwiddie penetrating. 

Also i expect Okeke to take over Gordon's roll next year and honestly he is our best trade chip.The pieces we acquire could be signed cheaper, which we will need once we have to pay Fultz and Isaac. Also guys, Gordon's defense is not as good as advertised. Sure he is a forward that has the speed to switch to guards. However his instincts are overrated. I see him make as many mistakes on defense as good plays. Isaac has blown past him and even Evan sometimes looks better this year. Throw in Aminu,Iwundu and Okeke next year and he is expendable.

44 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Seriously though. We have great defensive players and average offensive players so your solution is to trade some of those great defensive players for some more average to above average offensive players

Because your philosophy is that we should be average at offense and average at defense and have no identity at all?

I am not trying to be a Debby downer here, just realistic, but I fear we are just stuck with being mediocre for a while because there is no easy fix. Even though I like our guys I just don't see the development on offense (not talking about JI or Fultz) from our core players and those so-called development guys like Iwundu, Jefferson, and Frasier. Vooch and Fournier are playing like we expect them to play. Ross has a knee that is hurting his shot. AG is AG. No one other than JI and Fultz has taken a step. I am not sure why. Is it our coaching? Did guys not work on what the coaches suggested over the summer? Are we just bad at evaluating players?

How does the G league work? Is it like the NFL practice squad where we can call up players on another squad, or would we have to trade with another team to get a guy? Our depth is pitiful. We have to find a way to build things up.

Personally, I don't mind being mediocre for a while if guys are improving and we can get a decent draft pick. I like that we care about our guys and want them to feel secure as a Magic player. However, maybe my thinking is flawed and we should be thinking short-term and not be afraid to deal assets like AG if we can get significantly better. That's the key though, isn't it? How do we get better? On paper, things look one way, but a lot of times, things don't work out as well when the deal is done and they are on the court. 

6 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I am not trying to be a Debby downer here, just realistic, but I fear we are just stuck with being mediocre for a while because there is no easy fix. Even though I like our guys I just don't see the development on offense (not talking about JI or Fultz) from our core players and those so-called development guys like Iwundu, Jefferson, and Frasier. Vooch and Fournier are playing like we expect them to play. Ross has a knee that is hurting his shot. AG is AG. No one other than JI has taken a step. I am not sure why. Is it our coaching? Did guys not work on what the coaches suggested over the summer? Are we just bad at evaluating players?

How does the G league work? Is it like the NFL practice squad where we can call up players on another squad, or would we have to trade with another team to get a guy? Our depth is pitiful. We have to find a way to build things up.

Personally, I don't mind being mediocre for a while if guys are improving and we can get a decent draft pick. I like that we care about our guys and want them to feel secure as a Magic player. However, maybe my thinking is flawed and we should be thinking short-term and not be afraid to deal assets like AG if we can get significantly better. That's the key though, isn't it? How do we get better? On paper, things look one way, but a lot of times, things don't work out as well when the deal is done and they are on the court. 

I think we're in the best spot we've been in since the Dwight trade. Fultz looks like a player you can build an offense around. Isaac looks like a player you can build your team around. We have an identity. We just played in the playoffs. We're currently a playoff team. Gordon has been good. Fournier has been good. Vucevic has been good. We have options moving forward. We have depth. We have trade pieces. We have all of our picks. 

8 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I think we're in the best spot we've been in since the Dwight trade. Fultz looks like a player you can build an offense around. Isaac looks like a player you can build your team around. We have an identity. We just played in the playoffs. We're currently a playoff team. Gordon has been good. Fournier has been good. Vucevic has been good. We have options moving forward. We have depth. We have trade pieces. We have all of our picks. 

No doubt we have gotten better. Maybe it's me, but I just don't see much development from anyone other than Fultz or JI. My expectations are probably too high. It's tough to build a good team in this league. 

1 minute ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

No doubt we have gotten better. Maybe it's me, but I just don't see much development from anyone other than Fultz or JI. My expectations are probably too high. It's tough to build a good team in this league. 

How much development are you expecting?

3 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Isaac will never start at center. Isaac at center is a thing you do for a stretch, not long term. 

It was me thinking more so out of the box of things that could happen. We do have 3 centers for a reason. Mo is not that much bigger than isaac. Isaac is just more versatile. I can see isaac there, if neeed. 

51 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

How much development are you expecting?

I think I am a reasonable fan. I just want to see some improvement from year to year for each guy. It's not like they don't have all the resources in the world to get better. I am not looking at stats (good or bad) because they can be misleading. Except for Fultz, JI, and Fournier, everybody else looks to me like they are playing the same or worse than last year. 

1 hour ago, LaVar said:

It was me thinking more so out of the box of things that could happen. We do have 3 centers for a reason. Mo is not that much bigger than isaac. Isaac is just more versatile. I can see isaac there, if neeed. 

He'll play some center but he's not going to start at center I think is the point.

13 hours ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

Birch isn’t ready to go up against starting centers either. For all intents and purposes, we’re going to be without a starting center until 2020. It’s going to be about finding the right combinations of players to make it work. I’d split Birch and Bamba right down the middle with 24 minutes a piece— if we’re better with Bamba having most of his minutes with the starters and Birch playing with the 2nd unit, so be it; if it’s vice versa, so be it.

I agree. I posted the same sentiment/belief before. He is okay playing against backup centers, but he is not going to make a difference against a lot of very good starting centers in the league, especially playing more minutes than he plays as a backup. And please don't tell me, again, about how well he played last season when Vuch was injured. This is a whole different season. 

16 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I agree. I posted the same sentiment/belief before. He is okay playing against backup centers, but he is not going to make a difference against a lot of very good starting centers in the league, especially playing more minutes than he plays as a backup. And please don't tell me, again, about how well he played last season when Vuch was injured. This is a whole different season. 

How many very good starting centers are there?