Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

Just now, IrishCelticHater said:

Vuc, Frazier and our 1st rounder for DLO.

Iwindu and 2nd round for Okafor. 

Sign Jamal Crawford. 

I’m almost 100% sure that GS would want AG. Be great if they didn’t.

And Okafor?!

Just now, Magicman28 said:

I’m almost 100% sure that GS would want AG. Be great if they didn’t.

And Okafor?!

If you are trading Vuc that is. Not high on Okafor at all but you’d need depth at center if you did. Could sign Noah I suppose. 

Btw I’m not advocating to trade for DLO but if I were I’d rather not get rid of AG. If DLO can’t play with Fultz you would have sacrificed your’ most valuable piece (Aside from JI, who is untouchable) 

18 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

C'mon really? It would be mostly from a money situation, but if we could literally swap Fultz and Russell right now. In a vacuum, just switch players?

Yeah. 

I get everyone loves Russell because they can look at his points but he's not an overly good basketball player. He doesn't shoot all that well despite his streakiness. He doesn't get to the line. He does most of his damage taking high variance shots in the mid-range and it's really easy for good defenders and smart teams to take him out of games (as we saw in the playoffs last year). 

Super high usage guys aren't good to build around unless they're extremely great at that stuff (harden, doncic). Russell is mostly empty calories which is why golden State is significantly better with him on the bench this year. 

Every generation people fall in love with these types of players. Kevin Martin. Monta Ellis. Corey Maggette. Ricky Davis. 

33 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Indeed. I think if we can defend 3-5, Fultz plus Dlo could work. Dlo isn’t much of a playmaker for teammates...A traditional PG. He might thrive with a natural PG

If everyone agrees that golden State is going to move Russell because of the questionable fit next to Curry it's completely illogical to think that he can fit next to fultz. 

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Yeah. 

I get everyone loves Russell because they can look at his points but he's not an overly good basketball player. He doesn't shoot all that well despite his streakiness. He doesn't get to the line. He does most of his damage taking high variance shots in the mid-range and it's really easy for good defenders and smart teams to take him out of games (as we saw in the playoffs last year). 

Super high usage guys aren't good to build around unless they're extremely great at that stuff (harden, doncic). Russell is mostly empty calories which is why golden State is significantly better with him on the bench this year. 

Every generation people fall in love with these types of players. Kevin Martin. Monta Ellis. Corey Maggette. Ricky Davis. 

His age plays a factor for me. Room for improvement is still there. That and pairing him with Fultz who’s strengths are Dlo’s weaknesses.

Just now, Magicman28 said:

His age plays a factor for me. Room for improvement is still there. That and pairing him with Fultz who’s strengths are Dlo’s weaknesses.

That's like pairing biyombo with Vucevic and it would go just as poorly. 

Just now, Fultz4thewin said:

If everyone agrees that golden State is going to move Russell because of the questionable fit next to Curry it's completely illogical to think that he can fit next to fultz. 

I  think they are hoping that he can play off ball with Fultz as the primary handler. Nothing we have seen shows that is likely. 

Nah. I never questioned his fit with Curry. Difference though is Curry is naturally going to take more shots than Fultz. He’s going to take more shots from Dlo outside and Curry is a shooter to where Fultz is a penetrator. Doesn’t take many outside shots.

That's like pairing biyombo with Vucevic and it would go just as poorly. 

Not even close man. Biyombo has no offensive skills whatsoever. That’s an horrible comparison. You can do better than that.