Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

31 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I think our goal should be clearing salary cap room for 2 max contracts.  I think our odds increase greatly if a star can come with another star.  While we are doing this we develop and add to our young talent base.  That young talent can be part of the future or assets to add other players.  Obviously Fultz and Isaac are untouchable.  

Yeah, I think I agree here. Salary dumps and future assets for Vooch and/or Evan and even potentially Ross. Disagree if it involves moving Gordon though, in my opinion Aaron only goes if we’re getting an all star back

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, I think I agree here. Salary dumps and future assets for Vooch and/or Evan. Disagree if it involves moving Gordon though, in my opinion Aaron only goes if we’re getting an all star back

I am not as high on Gordon as others.  This is season 6 for him, usually at this point you know who the player is and his upside.  We screwed up with Oladipo because we became impatient and only gave him 3 seasons to develop.

8 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I am not as high on Gordon as others.  This is season 6 for him, usually at this point you know who the player is and his upside.  We screwed up with Oladipo because we became impatient and only gave him 3 seasons to develop.

It’s year 6 sure, but he’s still 24, has had 4 coaches in 5 and a half years and has never been utilized correctly by the team.

I’ve been a stanch defender of Vooch and to a lesser extend Fournier; well I’m ready to admit I was wrong. I think it’s time to move on if possible. Vooch’s game was last decade and Evan is a 6th man on a good team; I don’t want to pay him starter money. I appreciate the front office trying to stay competitive until our young grows, but maybe it’s time to rip the bandaid off; a first round exit is not worth it. 

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

It’s year 6 sure, but he’s still 24, has had 4 coaches in 5 and a half years and has never been utilized correctly by the team.

True.  And I will say this, I don't think this organization has used him properly throughout his career.  I am a big fan of giving him more post up opportunities, he can score and pass effectively.

4 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I’ve been a stanch defender of Vooch and to a lesser extend Fournier; well I’m ready to admit I was wrong. I think it’s time to move on if possible. Vooch’s game was last decade and Evan is a 6th man on a good team; I don’t want to pay him starter money. I appreciate the front office trying to stay competitive until our young grows, but maybe it’s time to rip the bandaid off; a first round exit is not worth it. 

The playoffs are fun because you feel like you are getting better and closer to winning a championship.  If you have a team or young star or stars that have not come close to reaching their full potential and can ascend in the playoffs then you go through the necessary growing pains.  But when you have a team without a true star whose ceiling is getting stomped in the first round every year in a weak conference and the teams above you are so much better then you it is not fun at all!

13 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

The playoffs are fun because you feel like you are getting better and closer to winning a championship.  If you have a team or young star or stars that have not come close to reaching their full potential and can ascend in the playoffs then you go through the necessary growing pains.  But when you have a team without a true star whose ceiling is getting stomped in the first round every year in a weak conference and the teams above you are so much better then you it is not fun at all!

Yeah, there will be nothing fun if we wind up at 8 and let the Bucks put a historic level beat down on us either

3 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I think our goal should be clearing salary cap room for 2 max contracts.  I think our odds increase greatly if a star can come with another star.  While we are doing this we develop and add to our young talent base.  That young talent can be part of the future or assets to add other players.  Obviously Fultz and Isaac are untouchable.  

That would be a terrible idea given what's available this summer

• Downvote 1