Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Grizzles - Sunday, March 10th, 6:00 P.M.

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

He’s not deciding that on his own. It’s the scheme. And it’s bad. 

So the defense is designed to give up wide open shots. Nice plan. I would think he is supposed to take the guard on then the weak side defender takes vooch’s man and everybody else rotates. No, yes?

11 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

So the defense is designed to give up wide open shots. Nice plan. I would think he is supposed to take the guard on then the weak side defender takes vooch’s man and everybody else rotates. No, yes?

He has sunk back in PnR coverage all year. It’s why Kemba and Lillard roast us almost everytime... they come off screens with no one there. 

https://twitter.com/thelando__/status/1104983581443739648?s=21

8 minutes ago, ML6 said:

He has sunk back in PnR coverage all year. It’s why Kemba and Lillard roast us almost everytime... they come off screens with no one there. 

https://twitter.com/thelando__/status/1104983581443739648?s=21

It's by design. We're giving up mid range shots in order to avoid making Vuc defend on the perimeter. 

You know who played excellent against the grizz??!! 

Grant! 

He really played a hell of a game and he's been playing really really well the last couple games (crosses fingers). 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, iTs JUST zo said:

You know who played excellent against the grizz??!! 

Grant! 

He really played a hell of a game and he's been playing really really well the last couple games (crosses fingers). 

He and Gordon were our mvps

On 3/10/2019 at 8:57 PM, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Yeah. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Wade wasn't suppose to be an allstar this season, but he made it in because of another player's injury?  During the all-star game, I remember the analysts saying that it had been done before (in the past).

No, they added 2 spots for Dirk, and Wade. Russel got in because of the injury to Oladipo. 

51 minutes ago, King Close said:

No, they added 2 spots for Dirk, and Wade. Russel got in because of the injury to Oladipo. 

But any way you cut it, Wade (and Dirk) were not suppose to be there except for giving them a free pass.

You talk about making exceptions to the rules.

By the way, on a couple of websites, people were saying that while there are rumors of Dirk retiring, they have not heard Dirk say it. I just read where owner, Mark Cuban isn't sure that Dirk is retiring.

16 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

It's by design. We're giving up mid range shots in order to avoid making Vuc defend on the perimeter. 

So the perimeter is the free throw line?  Come on that is either a horrible design or zero effort by vuch. 

11 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

So the perimeter is the free throw line?  Come on that is either a horrible design or zero effort by vuch. 

That response from ?4thewin is a head scratcher for me too. When has Vuch ever defended on the perimeter?

I got it . . .sarcasm?

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Did you misunderstand me? There's a few different philosophies of how to defend a pick and roll. Icing, blitzing, switching, or dropping. We drop. 

The Spurs execute better than we do in both phases but the general philosophy is forcing guys into off the dribble mid range jumpers which are the least efficient shots in the game. 

The on ball defenders need to fight harder over the screen and vucevic needs to shepherd the defender into position instead of retreating to his spot but it's been mostly effective for us this year as we're pretty average at defending the pick and roll. 

18 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Did you misunderstand me? There's a few different philosophies of how to defend a pick and roll. Icing, blitzing, switching, or dropping. We drop. 

The Spurs execute better than we do in both phases but the general philosophy is forcing guys into off the dribble mid range jumpers which are the least efficient shots in the game. 

The on ball defenders need to fight harder over the screen and vucevic needs to shepherd the defender into position instead of retreating to his spot but it's been mostly effective for us this year as we're pretty average at defending the pick and roll. 

Thanks ?4thewin for the video, clearing up the pnr. I have watched pick n rolls but I didn't know there were different versions of it.

It made my head hurt watching the videos.  (For you guys it's easy--I mean understanding what's happening).    :)