Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs Spurs

Just now, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think it's just lack of offensive talent. I'm a former Vuc hater but I'd truly consider keeping Vuc and blowing the young core up for someone like Bradley Beal and then just go from there.

Even when AG has his good scoring nights it looks like he's "pulling nails", to use a Portuguese expression. Simply not a natural scorer

And Fournier is an overpaid, chucking scrub.

Not a truer word spoken. AG has no offensive game, need someone who can create on offense. Don’t get me started on Evan 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Magic next game is Friday in Chicago versus the Bulls. Chicago recently beat the Spurs in San Antonio.  They beat the Spurs in Texas. And now the Spurs are waxing us at home. The good news for the Magic is that it is a road game. And I don't mean that sarcastically. This team has much more focus on the road.

I think the home/away records are a mirage. Look at the teams we've played at Amway. Only losses vs playoff teams

3 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

Bradley Beal maxed out his talent. He's a third option at best.  

I'm aware that a team built around Vuc and Beal would have a ceiling of about current Milwaukee or Indiana, but I have a tough time seeing us have more success with a frontcourt of AG, Isaac and Bamba (offensively).

I'd be a little more optimistic if Isaac was similar to Brandon Ingram on offense, but Isaac has no responsiblity at all and doesn't handle the rock. This game was just Augustin and Fournier trying to make things happen out of nowhere. Our "young core" are just pawns on offense. Partly due to coaching, partly due to their lack of skills

• Like 1

Just now, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'm aware that a team built around Vuc and Beal would have a ceiling of about current Milwaukee or Indiana, but I have a tough time seeing us have more success with a frontcourt of AG, Isaac and Bamba (offensively).

I'd be a little more optimistic if Isaac was similar to Brandon Ingram on offense, but Isaac has no responsiblity at all and doesn't handle the rock. This game was just Augustin and Fournier trying to make things happen out of nowhere. Our "young core" are just pawns on offense. Partly due to coaching, partly due to their lack of skills

I think you're being myopic because tonight isn't going well so you're trying to project as if tonight if going to continue forever. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think you're being myopic because tonight isn't going well so you're trying to project as if tonight if going to continue forever. 

I think small forward is the most important position in the league. You should have a wing that can create for himself and for others and I just don't see AG or Isaac being that guy. If we keep all 3 of the BIG frontcourt, it will be tough to have a healthy offense by just adding free agents. Maybe keep 2 of the 3, but the bottom line is that you'll have a tough time winning in this league with bad offense

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Eh, this has been beaten to death. Our closest thing to a first option player is Vuch. Rest are 2nd, more like 3rd option players.

• Upvote 1

When Friday night rolls around and it is 0-0 before the opening tip then order will be completely restored in the universe. Hope will be alive and well. The negative energy will disappear faster than a bike seat under one of the Kardashian sisters. The Magic will be back.  It's a new beginning here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think small forward is the most important position in the league. You should have a wing that can create for himself and for others and I just don't see AG or Isaac being that guy. If we keep all 3 of the BIG frontcourt, it will be tough to have a healthy offense by just adding free agents. Maybe keep 2 of the 3, but the bottom line is that you'll have a tough time winning in this league with bad offense

I think it's a mistake to label any position as most important. Teams succeed in different ways. Houston had a weak small forward last year. Denver doesn't have a good small forward. Portland doesn't. San Antonio's is Rudy gay. Memphis doesn't. Detroit doesn't. 

4 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

When Friday night rolls around and it is 0-0 before the opening tip then order will be completely restored in the universe. Hope will be alive and well. The negative energy will disappear faster than a bike seat under one of the Kardashian sisters. The Magic will be back.  It's a new beginning here.

Bike seat under a Kardashian that’s gold

Would it be a fair assessment to say that pretty much all of the Magic players would be bench players on most NBA teams ? Perhaps Vooch would be the only starter ?

7 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Eh, this has been beaten to death. Our closest thing to a first option player is Vuch. Rest are 2nd, more like 3rd option players.

I dunno. I've watched the last 6 years. I think building a team around vucevic and falling for contact year production is a mistake.