The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, harley said:

Careful what you say about AG on here mate,  i'm on the same page. He's been in system long enough now hasn't improved to where we want him, his offence is brutal. However he was drafted super young so still has time on his side, but damn he's disappointed me. Not a popular opinion i know. 

Maybe it's not popular because there's a flaw in your analysis

Have you ever seen anything like this before? Almost the entire Atlanta Hawks team is on the injury list for tonight's game against the Heat. I know that "game time decision" (GTD) doesn't mean anything, but wow!

8cNsE7.png

Has anyone heard any reasonable explanation as to why Isaac didn't play the entire 4th quarter last night ? Was he injured ? It didn't make much sense to be honest. I guess Cliff just wanted to roll with the players he had out there. T-Ross just continued his trend of either being really good or really awful. AG kept on dribbling..and dribbling..and dribbling. Threes were being jacked up left and right. They went away from moving the ball and being aggressive. Instead they reverted back to panic ball and overall dysfunction.

4 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Has anyone heard any reasonable explanation as to why Isaac didn't play the entire 4th quarter last night ? Was he injured ? It didn't make much sense to be honest. I guess Cliff just wanted to roll with the players he had out there. T-Ross just continued his trend of either being really good or really awful. AG kept on dribbling..and dribbling..and dribbling. Threes were being jacked up left and right. They went away from moving the ball and being aggressive. Instead they reverted back to panic ball and overall dysfunction.

Is it that difficult to understand?

We've played Augustin-Ross-Fournier-Gordon-vucevic as our closing lineup for the entire season now and typically they go to that with 4 minutes left but Clifford went to it with 9 minutes because the team was playing poorly. 

Right now the Magic are 30-35 with 17 games remaining. They should, and I mean SHOULD win at least 9 or 10 of those games given their opponents. However with the way they are playing right now, and I mean RIGHT NOW, I only see them winning 6 or 7 of the remaining games. It all depends on which Magic team shows up for the rest of the season. That is why I give them a 45 percent chance to make the playoffs RIGHT NOW from what I am seeing out there on the court recently.

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Is it that difficult to understand?

We've played Augustin-Ross-Fournier-Gordon-vucevic as our closing lineup for the entire season now and typically they go to that with 4 minutes left but Clifford went to it with 9 minutes because the team was playing poorly. 

Oh so Isaac did play a little bit in the 4th then ? Also T=Ross was horrible last night. I guess Cliff thought he would get it rolling at some point.

2 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Right now the Magic are 30-35 with 17 games remaining. They should, and I mean SHOULD win at least 9 or 10 of those games given their opponents. However with the way they are playing right now, and I mean RIGHT NOW, I only see them winning 6 or 7 of the remaining games. It all depends on which Magic team shows up for the rest of the season. That is why I give them a 45 percent chance to make the playoffs RIGHT NOW from what I am seeing out there on the court recently.

You gotta stop being so myopic. We can't be definite 6th seed after every win and probable 9th seed after every loss. 

How we're playing right now has to go beyond last night. We're coming off our worst loss since January 7th or something like that. But that was preceded by the two best wins of the season. 

We've won 2 of the last 3. 3 of the last 6. 10 of the last 14. 16 of the last 32. But we're suddenly going to go 6-11?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

You gotta stop being so myopic. We can't be definite 6th seed after every win and probable 9th seed after every loss. 

How we're playing right now has to go beyond last night. We're coming off our worst loss since January 7th or something like that. But that was preceded by the two best wins of the season. 

We've won 2 of the last 3. 3 of the last 6. 10 of the last 14. 16 of the last 32. But we're suddenly going to go 6-11?

Given the mental state of this basketball team yes that is indeed my overall conclusion. There is no way that you can possibly lose to the Bulls, Knicks, and Cavs and seriously be considered a playoff contender. This team just doesn't have it from the neck up unfortunately at this current time. And the last 8 games are my deciding factor here. 6 out of the 8 are on the road against quality teams. Their only real hope is to clean up on that 5 game homestand coming up here shortly. 4 out of those 5 games are against teams they SHOULD beat.

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Given the mental state of this basketball team yes that is indeed my overall conclusion. There is no way that you can possibly lose to the Bulls, Knicks, and Cavs and seriously be considered a playoff contender. This team just doesn't have it from the neck up unfortunately at this current time. And the last 8 games are my deciding factor here. 6 out of the 8 are on the road against quality teams. Their only real hope is to clean up on that 5 game homestand coming up here shortly. 4 out of those 5 games are against teams they SHOULD beat.

You know who else has losses to the bulls, Knicks, and Cavs?

Charlotte and Brooklyn. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

You know who else has losses to the bulls, Knicks, and Cavs?

Charlotte and Brooklyn. 

Excellent point. But were the losses in succession and at this critical important time of the season when fighting for a playoff spot ?

Somebody made an interesting point here last night when they said that perhaps the Cavs match up well against us much like we do versus the Raptors. They said that we barely beat them in Orlando earlier this year. Surely there has to be some truth to that ?

2 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Excellent point. But were the losses in succession and at this critical important time of the season when fighting for a playoff spot ?

No. But they also weren't during a stretch where they're 10 and 4. 

Charlotte has lost 8 of their last 11. Brooklyn has lost 9 of their last 13

Miami has lost 10 of their last 14