The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

That's a really bad way to look at pick value

It's also really bad to acquire 2nd rounders and sell them.  It shows just how bad your scouting is when you us the term, "The draft flattened out".  Then you see those same players contributing to other teams.  We shouldn't stop trying to acquire talent.  Take a swing if they don't pan out cut them...Are we really that strapped for cash?

6 hours ago, jjgator said:

ESPN has a graphic about LeBron's 8 playoff runs that ended with Finals and then says it's been a while since LeBron had the summer off. The first day of Summer falls on the 20th or 21st of June, after the Finals has ended.

Lol clutch 

1 hour ago, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

It's also really bad to acquire 2nd rounders and sell them.  It shows just how bad your scouting is when you us the term, "The draft flattened out".  Then you see those same players contributing to other teams.  We shouldn't stop trying to acquire talent.  Take a swing if they don't pan out cut them...Are we really that strapped for cash?

I’m sure the fo regrets that statement. Overall they have made some positive moves and picks. You win some and lose some. I remember Hammond saying the goal is to hit it 70% of the time. 

Not every player is going to check the boxes our front office wants. So you'll let a Kuzma go because he doesnt really care about winning. Better not to waste energy and resources on players that dont fit our team identity than to assign acquire players no matter what the fit KNOWING you'll probably have to move them one day. That's what Hennigan did.

8 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I’m sure the fo regrets that statement. Overall they have made some positive moves and picks. You win some and lose some. I remember Hammond saying the goal is to hit it 70% of the time. 

He turned a pick acquired in that draft and Simmons into the #1 pick in that same draft. The guy has wisdom beyond all of our knowledge. Trust me.

49 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

Nice boards work by mcw

we need to win 6 of the remaining 9 including Tuesday’s night to get in 

I hope we sign him for a longer contract perfect 3rd string/situational point guard

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

He turned a pick acquired in that draft and Simmons into the #1 pick in that same draft. The guy has wisdom beyond all of our knowledge. Trust me.

I agree, I hope we can acquire some young guards with upside. 

2 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

Best 2nd round picks:

#60 C.J. Miles
#59 Allen Crabbe
#58 Ersan Ilyasova
#57 Cuttino Mobley
#56 Bojan Bogdanovic
#55 P.J. Tucker
#54 Jordan Clarkson
#53 Gerald Wilkins
#52 Rafer Alston
#51 Patty Mills

what....

In the last 10 drafts there's been 120 players picked between 49 and 60. 

59 have zero minutes of NBA action. 

38 are out of the NBA with a few games but never entered a NBA rotation. 

6 are (or were) regular rotation players

1 became a starter

1 became a high level starter

15 were drafted too recently to make a determination of which category they belong in but probably will end up in the "never entering a NBA rotation category". 

So 8 out of 120 are valuable. That's a 6.67% success rate. 

Not very valuable. 

And if we ever fall in love with a guy we can just buy back in to the second round and take him because teams basically give away those picks. Because they're not valuable. 

We've never sold a pick. Every second rounder we've traded we've obtained a future second rounder in return

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

In the last 10 drafts there's been 120 players picked between 49 and 60. 

59 have zero minutes of NBA action. 

38 are out of the NBA with a few games but never entered a NBA rotation. 

6 are (or were) regular rotation players

1 became a starter

1 became a high level starter

15 were drafted too recently to make a determination of which category they belong in but probably will end up in the "never entering a NBA rotation category". 

So 8 out of 120 are valuable. That's a 6.67% success rate. 

Not very valuable. 

And if we ever fall in love with a guy we can just buy back in to the second round and take him because teams basically give away those picks. Because they're not valuable. 

We Don’t need a dissertation, the simple fact that there is potential value in the second round is all that was stated, nothing more nothing less.