The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

So true. Our top 4 options in the starting lineup significantly lower their game in crunch time situations (Vuc, Fournier, DJ, Gordon).

But we can’t expect them to be good right away. Hopefully they can get through their jitters in time for us to make the playoffs 

I'd try letting Isaac and AG close it. Instead of Evan or Vooch

2 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

So true. Our top 4 options in the starting lineup significantly lower their game in crunch time situations (Vuc, Fournier, DJ, Gordon).

But we can’t expect them to be good right away. Hopefully they can get through their jitters in time for us to make the playoffs 

We have 20 games remaining. It is crucial that we win as many as possible in the first 12 games. 6 out of the last 8 games are on the road against quality opponents. Need to go 8-4 to make it easier during that last stretch. Then we just need to go 4-4 or even 3-5 in the last 8. That will give us 39 or 40 wins which should be enough.

2 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I'd try letting Isaac and AG close it. Instead of Evan or Vooch

Good point. You notice when JI is involved offensively good things happen. He was during the 5 game winning streak. In the 2 games they lost they kind of went away from him in long stretches.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MagicOne said:

We have 20 games remaining. It is crucial that we win as many as possible in the first 12 games. 6 out of the last 8 games are on the road against quality opponents. Need to go 8-4 to make it easier during that last stretch. Then we just need to go 4-4 or even 3-5 in the last 8. That will give us 39 or 40 wins which should be enough.

Agreed. At this point I’d take that scenario of only deciding it in the last game at Charlotte 

2 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Agreed. At this point I’d take that scenario of only deciding it in the last game at Charlotte 

Was kind of hoping that we would have a spot secured going into that last game against Charlotte. Especially with the game being in their building.

Just now, Jay Magic said:

42-40 will be our record for 6th place

That would require finishing with a record of 14-6. I don't know. That might be a stretch. If you get a chance check out their remaining schedule and pick the games you think they win and which ones you think they will lose. Would be interested to see your take on things.

2 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

That would require finishing with a record of 14-6. I don't know. That might be a stretch. If you get a chance check out their remaining schedule and pick the games you think they win and which ones you think they will lose. Would be interested to see your take on things.

I will do bro. Just taking my son to school

Just now, Jay Magic said:

I will do bro. Just taking my son to school

Lol. I keep forgetting the time difference. That's cool whenever you get a chance.

23 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yet our coach lets him ride the pine while Evan has the green light to flounder at will. Facepalm. 

Iwundu's numbers are kind of fake. 

He's shutting down crappy bench players but gets burned by good scorers. 

Edit: I guess crappy bench players is overly harsh. Basically he does good against some starters but his super low percentages are bolstered by shutting down guys like Knox, Trier, Bullock, blakeney, bertans, Darius Miller, Frank Jackson, Torrey Craig etc. 

Lou Williams has 22 points in only 38 possessions on 4-8 shooting with iwundu defending. JJ hit 4 of 6 threes in only 21 possessions. The big reason we lost that one Brooklyn home game was because Russell scored 11 points in 11 possessions on iwundu. 

The exceptions to this are Wiggins, and siakam. Iwundu dominated them for some reason.