The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Last 2 games: 0/0/0/0/0, 0/0/2/0/0

I'm not sure Frank's ceiling is much more than a defensive pest.

They see that 7’ 1” wingspan tho

7 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Sure I’d take him for Jerian Grant lol 

Grant is better today. 

You don't want him to be in your rotation right now. You want him to be your 12th man nobody can defend Lillard tonight so let's throw Frank at him guy

27 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah you're not getting him to throw into our rotation. You're getting him to develop. He's like point guard Ben Wallace playing in an era where you can't hide guys on offense. 

Sounds useless lol. 

26 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Grant is better today. 

You don't want him to be in your rotation right now. You want him to be your 12th man nobody can defend Lillard tonight so let's throw Frank at him guy

Grant might be a bit better right now but if they were just asking for Grant you wouldn’t do it? Grant just has next to no potential. I think he’s actually regressed a little bit. I would do it in a heartbeat

Just now, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Sounds useless lol. 

He held Tatum to 11 points on 33% shooting

Russell 3 points on 1 for 7 shooting 36 possessions

Ross 10 points on 4 for 13 shooting 

Wall 5 points on 1 for 4 shooting over 31 possessions

Dinwiddie 0 points 0 for 2 shooting over 20 possessions

Last year held FVV to 11 points on 12 shots over 64 possessions

Dinwiddie 9 points on 11 shots over 62 possessions

Rozier 4 points on 4 shots in 49 possessions

Lillard 7 points on 7 shots over 27 possessions

That's not useless. It's just not something that makes sense to have in the game at all times. Great against Phoenix, let him take Booker out of the game and watch their offense collapse. Doesn't matter if Frank can't score or run an offense. But that doesn't really help you against Miami or Denver or Utah or San Antonio or Detroit. 

11 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Sounds useless lol. 

Frank has the tools to be an awesome defender just next to nothing offensively. He could be a decent piece on the bench for the right price 

14 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Grant might be a bit better right now but if they were just asking for Grant you wouldn’t do it? Grant just has next to no potential. I think he’s actually regressed a little bit. I would do it in a heartbeat

I mean yeah sure but I'd put briscoe at backup. 

I guess my point is they're not asking for Grant. Grant is representative of a salary filler. I'd prefer to offer some other filler 

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I mean yeah sure but I'd put briscoe at backup. 

I guess my point is they're not asking for Grant. Grant is representative of a salary filler. I'd prefer to offer some other filler 

Yeah I’d for sure let briscoe and frank split Grants PT and I was kinda joking when I brought up a grant swap. If they are just trying to cut ties though grant and a second would work or straight up for Simmons would work. I don’t know if there’s any other deals besides those though. I don’t think we can give up Martin with our limited options at power forward.

7 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Yeah I’d for sure let briscoe and frank split Grants PT and I was kinda joking when I brought up a grant swap. If they are just trying to cut ties though grant and a second would work or straight up for Simmons would work. I don’t know if there’s any other deals besides those though. I don’t think we can give up Martin with our limited options at power forward.

This is one of those deals where we could give our guy to Sacramento and they could flip McLemore to the Knicks or something like that. 

What is up with Evan? Is he hurt mentally and physically. It seems so. I’ve never seen him shoot so many shots that aren’t even close to going in and this has been all year. He looks all out of sorts mentally also. Playing in a rush like he is a rookie again. Does anybody know? 

I'm not sure Ntilikina can beat out Caupain at Lakeland.

It's no wonder international draft guru Fran Fraschilla said that Ntilikina was still a year away from being two years away when the Knicks drafted him.

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/is-knicks-frank-ntilikina-or-76ers-markelle-fultz-the-better-player-to-bet-on/301179270

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah you're not getting him to throw into our rotation. You're getting him to develop. He's like point guard Ben Wallace playing in an era where you can't hide guys on offense. 

WeHam loves length man I tell ya.