Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

22 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Giannis is the most overrated "superstar" in the league and he's not half the passer people talk him up as.

Is he a physical freak? 

Yes.

Does he have some decent skills for a guy his size?

Yes.

But he's probably the 4th best small forward in the league behind LeBron, Kwahi, and George. 

Until he can turn the corner and show he can show some iron will to win that will not be denyed, I can only be so impressed.

Don't be myopic

37 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Giannis is the most overrated "superstar" in the league and he's not half the passer people talk him up as.

Is he a physical freak? 

Yes.

Yes.

But he's probably the 4th best small forward in the league behind LeBron, Kwahi, and George. 

Until he can turn the corner and show he can show some iron will to win that will not be denyed, I can only be so impressed.

He was awfully disappointing in these playoffs

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Is he a physical freak? 

Yes.

Yes.

Wait...The 4th best player at any position means he is pretty damn good. What is that? At least top 30 if not better? What exactly are you saying?

4 hours ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I thought Irving is their only injuried player that is out for the season?

Haven't followed the series heavily but I think Smart missed the first 2. Think Brown got hurt in the last game. I also include Hayward who is arguably their 2nd best player, so their two best players didn't play in the series at all. I know Hayward was out all season so didn't contribute to the Celtics record but he's still in their top 2. 

7 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Wait...The 4th best player at any position means he is pretty damn good. What is that? At least top 30 if not better? What exactly are you saying?

season started and people acted like he was going to be the next LeBron and the best player in the league

2 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

season started and people acted like he was going to be the next LeBron and the best player in the league

He's 23 and is only going to finish something like 7th in MVP voting. HOW DISAPPOINTING

I love Giannis, but any other "superstar" facing a team without its 2 best players would be slammed for losing.

Not entirely his fault, obviously. Stevens is one of the best basketball minds and Prunty doesn't even look engaged

• Upvote 1

The Q is rockin’, the Cavs role players are off to a good start at home, and Oladipo is scoreless after 1. Ugly start for Indy, spotting Cleveland a double digit lead. Feels like they do this every other game in this series though.