Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

21 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

By the way, I agree with ~O~ and Fan For Two Long. People see the wrong in many facets of our lives whether it's sports or in society as a whole. Some speak out about it while others criticize those who do speak out because they don't want to be bothered and would rather let go or look the other way. 

I don't think we should applaud people who say things with no basis. All opinions aren't equal. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't think we should applaud people who say things with no basis. All opinions aren't equal. 

That's YOUR  opinion payton. Because, I fully understand what ~O~ and Fan For Too Long are saying. So do we agree to disagree?

Just now, TrueMagicFan07 said:

That's YOUR  opinion payton. Because, I fully understand what ~O~ and Fan For Too Long are saying. So do we agree to disagree?

Nope. There wasn't some Grand conspiracy to make LeBron win. It was a blown call. It happens sometimes. To suggest otherwise is suggesting a scandal so large that the benefit doesn't outweigh the potential consequences like a federal RICO investigation for the refs and league executives. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Nope. There wasn't some Grand conspiracy to make LeBron win. It was a blown call. It happens sometimes. To suggest otherwise is suggesting a scandal so large that the benefit doesn't outweigh the potential consequences like a federal RICO investigation for the refs and league executives. 

giphy.gif

At the end of the day its entertainment, if the league wants a certain team to win because its better for ratings. They'll do it, its not illegal to do that.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Who said anything about a conspiracy to make LeBron win. Even if the Pacers had a double-digit lead, the refs. would have swallowed the whistle every time LeBron barreled into the lane like a bowling ball knocking down or pushing aside anything in his way.

If you paid close attention to the games (5th game specifically), LeBron did not play intense in the first half as he did in the final minutes of the fourth quarter. When LeBron decides he is going to take over, he puts on his fullback attire and goes barreling into the  paint/lane and 99.9% of the time, he knows he is going to the free throw line.

2 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

At the end of the day its entertainment, if the league wants a certain team to win because its better for ratings. They'll do it, its not illegal to do that.

Winner!!!

There's a philosophical expression  that  states "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

It's much more likely that the specific ref *****ed up vs conspired to make LeBron win. Because if I wanted to make LeBron win I wouldn't wait until 3 seconds left in a tie game. I would have fouled oladipo out way before that

1 minute ago, J-Mac said:

Its entertainment like wwe

No, it's not. You can bet on NBA games in Vegas, you can't on WWE. That right there should tell you something.