Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Clifford the big magic coach

5 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

It's a sexist article. She should be considered by her merits, not as a diversity hire. 

Lol that’s taking too it far. All Bianchi says is that Pop endorses her, and Silver and and James think it’s a good idea. She’s been on Pops staff for a few years now, just like Borrego and others. Now Bianchi’s point about her being able to relate to players and/or massage egos that’s debatable but he doesn’t say she should be hired for diversity. 

6 hours ago, Odin said:

She might be good enough to deserve the job, but his reasoning is atrocious. It isn’t about how she is smart enough, or about her leadership skills, or her knowledge of the game, but because she is a woman and most players come from a single mother household, to paraphrase his inane argument.

Honestly, the whole article is frankly insulting to both Becky Hammon and to the players.

I agree

1 hour ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Lol that’s taking too it far. All Bianchi says is that Pop endorses her, and Silver and and James think it’s a good idea. She’s been on Pops staff for a few years now, just like Borrego and others. Now Bianchi’s point about her being able to relate to players and/or massage egos that’s debatable but he doesn’t say she should be hired for diversity. 

Meh. The argument that we should hire her because she’s a woman that this man likes is the opposite of being a feminist. Talk about why she’d be a good fit from a basketball standpoint. Gender has nothing to do with it.

San Antonio assistant Ime Udoka will interview for the Orlando Magic coaching job this week, league sources tell ESPN. Udoka has also met with Charlotte.

woj

38 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

San Antonio assistant Ime Udoka will interview for the Orlando Magic coaching job this week, league sources tell ESPN. Udoka has also met with Charlotte.

woj

I think Udoka is going to the Suns, I really really hope Knicks will hire Stackhouse this week because I do not want him, Stackhouse seems like a Jacque Vaughn hiring to me in my opinion 

Robbins

The Orlando Magic have an interview scheduled with David Fizdale for the Magic's head-coaching job, sources said.

Was Stackhouse ever confirmed/reported? I thought that was just speculation so far. 

6 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Was Stackhouse ever confirmed/reported? I thought that was just speculation so far. 

Shams Charania reported we were intereviewing Stackhouse 2 weeks ago

10 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So, we’ve interviewed Stackhouse, Udoka and Vanterpool and according to Josh Robbins we have an interview scheduled with Fizdale

Those are good candidates that Magic is interviewing except for Stackhouse