Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Just now, Magicfan1987 said:

Ayton, Doncic, Young. I don't believe any smokescreens from "NBA execs" about Young so I include him. Offensive initiators are so extremely valuable in the new NBA I think you have to have Young and Doncic in there, and Aytons placement seems kind of obvious.

Fair enough.  I have 4 myself but a slightly different group that’s largely dependent on tournament success.

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

He's a great lockdown defender when zoned in and not worrying about offense,  see LeBron,  Harden, George games last year. Anthony as well.

That’s a stretch but I hope you’re right. 

1 minute ago, Murphy13 said:

That’s a stretch but I hope you’re right. 

I see his defense expanding and getting back to that specialty as we surround him with better scorers, as a third or fourth option is where I think you'll get the very best from Gordon, kind of like Draymond Green (not comparing the two, just their respective roles to some degree)

2 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Ayton .......

then Bagley and Bamba (tournament)

then Doncic dependent on team fit

Yeah I can understand the case for them as well. I love how top heavy this draft is and I think everyone else in the lottery has legitimate starter/high level role player potential. 

For those of you with "missing a lotto point guard" anxiety

Check out Landry Shamet. 6'4 Wichita State. 46% three point shooter on high volume.  Supposed to have an elite bball iq. Good bet late in the draft. Dropped 20 on Kentucky last year in the tournament.  

Also check out Anfernee Simons. Draft eligible currently the top pg in the class of 2018 and #7 overall.  6'4 that's more of an elite scorer than a distributor.  You'd basically have to develop him like Denver is doing with murray.