Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

No.  He moves really well on the perimeter.  His defensive struggles are of the help defense variety.  And it baffles scouts because he has the athletic profile to be deandre Jordan on that end. 

I admit I haven't watched a ton of any of the guys.

So what's his deal defensively helping out? Just not motivated there? Think he could be the best two way player in the draft?

Been watching Ayton and he irks me. Seems to be low energy and at times just doesn't care about defense. I X'ed out of one video I was watching because it annoyed the crap out of me. He didn't even want to put his hand up to adjust a shot.

2 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

Your previous comments would suggest young Sexton or doncic would be your pick.  If the draft were today and we had the #1 pick I would pick Ayton as he has the most star power right now.

What I would really love to see happen is a trade (sacrifice) that somehow gave us 2 great picks and walk away with Ayton AND Young, Doncic, or Sexton. 

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

What I would really love to see happen is a trade (sacrifice) that somehow gave us 2 great picks and walk away with Ayton AND Young, Doncic, or Sexton. 

Trading up for sexton might be doable if he's there at like 10

18 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Trading up for sexton might be doable if he's there at like 10

He may even translate to the NBA better than Young? Who knows, it's all a crapshoot. There are some great potential stars in this draft, I want them ALL! LOL

4 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Trae Young is the best player in the draft for today's and tomorrows NBA

Honestly, he's the only one I watch and see something special. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Honestly, he's the only one I watch and see something special. 

I wonder if he's more a product of a post curry culture.  Where fastbreak threes and deep shots are becoming normalized and he's benefiting more from pace/ usage than players in the past

13 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I wonder if he's more a product of a post curry culture.  Where fastbreak threes and deep shots are becoming normalized and he's benefiting more from pace/ usage than players in the past

Nah. It's not just deep threes. That doesn't do much for me honestly. I mean it's cool but there's something deeper there. It's something imbedded in him that you rarely see. His energy lifts the team. It's like you know he's about to do something beautiful and you just wanna see what it is. He reads the defense so intelligently. The game has already slowed down for him. He makes one move knowing it's the 3rd move that's going to do it and there's nothing the defense can do about it. They're not ready for it. And his ability to create for others is so awesome to watch.

Dude has such a high usage rate but his team is winning because of it and he's pretty efficient.

I really do feel like I'm watching Steve Nash with range.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Nah. It's not just deep threes. That doesn't do much for me homestly. I mean it's cool but there's something deeper there. It's something imbedded into him that you rarely see. His energy lifts the team. It's like you know he's probably going to do something beautiful and you just wanna see what it is. He reads the defense so intelligently. The game has already slowed down for him. He makes one move knowing it's the3rd move that's going to do it. And his ability to create for others is so awesome to watch.

I really do feel like I'm watching Steve Nash with range.

It took nash a long time to adjust to nba speed though.