Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 minute ago, MagicFan1234 said:

How the hell am I a troll? Magic needs future picks to make our team better

I'm just saying you're taking the contrarian point of view always and the OKC pick is such a trivial asset it seems like you're just *****ing with everyone. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm thinking it's one plus the OKC pick

Forgot about the OKC pick. That'll probably be in the 20's.... I could live with parting with it if we land Doncic, JJJ or Bamba.

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Doncic is the prospect to improve the team. Next year’s draft sucks.

What if he ends up being a bust? Then that means we made a stupid trade for nothing and it would set us back again

Just now, DirtDan2012 said:

Forgot about the OKC pick. That'll probably be in the 20's.... I could live with parting with it if we land Doncic, JJJ or Bamba.

Yeah. Any more than that from a draft asset perspective and we're putting too many eggs in one basket

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Doncic is the prospect to improve the team. Next year’s draft sucks.

It has a couple interesting picks likely at the top, but, from my understanding, looks super top heavy.

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm not sure if I'm valuing doncic properly or if Jay Bilas listing "rebounds the ball with both hands" as a strength of Wendell Carter underwhelmed me to such a level that I'd do anything for a sexy pick

yeah I rarely agree with Jay and Wendal has other amazing attributes:

pivots well

rarely shuffles feet

keeps his elbows wide on out of bounds plays where he is the inbounder 

has a good understanding of the game of basketball

great clock awareness

the last attribute hints at his championship level upside.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm just saying you're taking the contrarian point of view always and the OKC pick is such a trivial asset it seems like you're just *****ing with everyone. 

If you say so

What if he ends up being a bust? Then that means we made a stupid trade for nothing and it would set us back again

his floor is 10 year starter on a perennial playoff team. He's already one of the top wings in the world

Just now, Magicfan1987 said:

his floor is 10 year starter on a perennial playoff team. He's already one of the top wings in the world

The only issue is that if he becomes good then Magic will trade him like Olapido 

• Downvote 5

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If you say so

"it seems like you're effing with me, are you effing with me?"

"if you say so"

LMAO 

...go Trae Young

Just now, MagicFan1234 said:

The only issue is that if he becomes good then Magic will trade him like Olapido 

yeah so we should never acquire any meaningful talent, good call Jordan

2 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

He's not going to bust.

A bad outcome for him is hedo. A really good starter who can run your offense as a really tall player which let's you run funky lineups. 

There's not a version of him that's like Mario. He's already shown he belongs playing against Spain and France last summer. 

He's probably not going to be a future MVP candidate but he's the safest pick in the draft.