Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Is whiteside good? 

It all depends on what good is. 

For me?, anything better than Vuch and Biz is good. 

Whiteside is still considered one of the best big in the league. Good rebounder, good shot blocker and defensive presence. 

He has 2 more year in his contract at 28. Not really the future but ok for the next 2 years.

6 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

With Sacramento and Chicago both winning last night the odds are that even if we win a couple more games the worst we do is tied for 4th and the best we could do is 2nd worst if we lose out and Memphis wins a few. We are in a great spot!

REALLY want us to lose this Dallas game this week. They are the only team I am really worried about passing our odds

I'm just preparing myself mentally for getting really good odds and then falling a spot or two in the lotto. I don't think I can handle the salt from Rossman-Reich on twitter if that happens. He has become so unbearable with his anti-tank campaign

5 minutes ago, billy5783 said:

REALLY want us to lose this Dallas game this week. They are the only team I am really worried about passing our odds

Yes. That is the most important game left in our schedule. 

4 minutes ago, billy5783 said:

I'm just preparing myself mentally for getting really good odds and then falling a spot or two in the lotto. I don't think I can handle the salt from Rossman-Reich on twitter if that happens. He has become so unbearable with his anti-tank campaign

It can happen and has happened over the years. That is why sometimes tanking is not always successful. It will not guarantee the number one spot.

13 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

It all depends on what good is. 

For me?, anything better than Vuch and Biz is good. 

Whiteside is still considered one of the best big in the league. Good rebounder, good shot blocker and defensive presence. 

He has 2 more year in his contract at 28. Not really the future but ok for the next 2 years.

Yeah but you can use biz to justify any move.  

6 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

It can happen and has happened over the years. That is why sometimes tanking is not always successful. It will not guarantee the number one spot.

Exactly. Think of how good Charlotte could be if they hadn't dropped the spot in the lotto and drafted AD. Lotto odds don't guarantee anything, but for a franchise in our position, it is the only way to build a competitive roster. Get a true centerpiece and everything starts to fall into place in FA and such. Nobody wants to play for us right now cause we don't have a GREAT building block yet. Maybe the guys we have can get developed, but I think we have to do this.

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

We don't need the number 1, it would be great, but top 5 will do just fine as long as we don't waste it on  Porter.

8 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

We don't need the number 1, it would be great, but top 5 will do just fine as long as we don't waste it on  Porter.

With Porter it all depends on how his medicals check out and how he tests. If the doctors say he will be able to play then I think he might be worth a shot. Definitely don't waste it on THINKING he is gonna be fine though. Only if we get great reports and workouts.

5 minutes ago, billy5783 said:

With Porter it all depends on how his medicals check out and how he tests. If the doctors say he will be able to play then I think he might be worth a shot. Definitely don't waste it on THINKING he is gonna be fine though. Only if we get great reports and workouts.

He WILL be able to play, the question is how much will he be able to play? Back injuries and basketball don't go well together. Besides, he really hasn't shown anything that great to take that risk when there are so many other players that will be available in the top 5 that did NOT have back surgeries. 

26 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I think Porter will impress with his workouts and will be selected high in the top 3 position. At least I surely hope so. It will increase our chances to select Doncic. So we should be rooting for him.