Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

29 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't mind using high school ball but the high school big men who play like wings tend to dominate their competition early as there aren't a ton of guys out there to match up with them.  

Porter might kill workouts and that would change how i feel about him but right now I haven't seen any reason to give him the benefit of the doubt.  

I agree with this But remember when we make that same assessment to go with Howard over okafor? Highschooler vs a proven college player.

High school basketball talent is still good when you compare them with players in the same tier. Porter was a top 3 player coming out. 

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I agree with this But remember when we make that same assessment to go with Howard over okafor? Highschooler vs a proven college player.

High school basketball talent is still good when you compare them with players in the same tier. Porter was a top 3 player coming out. 

Uh yes but we aren’t judging a guy solely off his high school record like Howard. We’re judging a guy who’s actually playing in college, off a known bad injury for big men, who hasn’t shown he can be same player yet. 

3 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Dwight is a different situation though.  When projecting his career you could see a multifaceted game to build off of.  

Porter was a 6'10 isolation scorer in high school. Those aren't great guys to bet on because they don't really have much to fall back on.  

And he looked straight up terrible in the two full games he played in.  

Like i said.  He goes into workouts and performs he'll jump up my board. But I think we're giving him too much leeway right now.  

5 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Uh yes but we aren’t judging a guy solely off his high school record like Howard. We’re judging a guy who’s actually playing in college, off a known bad injury for big men, who hasn’t shown he can be same player yet. 

Fair point. Then Again we have the likes of Kyrie, Embidd, Simmons among others who had major injuries coming out of college. 

What affect Porter is the timing of the injury. No one really knows where he is at talentwise. It is a gamble. But if you pick at 8 and he is still available, why not?

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Fair point. Then Again we have the likes of Kyrie, Embidd, Simmons among others who had major injuries coming out of college. 

What affect Porter is the timing of the injury. No one really knows where he is at talentwise. It is a gamble. But if you pick at 8 and he is still available, why not?

Because there's other guys at 8 that are better gambles

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Dwights measurements and athleticism were insane, i still remember them mentioning defesive poy potential how he could make blocks with both hands facing up and chasing. I really really really loved Dwight Howard 

8 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

The smart move for Porter would to be stay in college another year and fully recover. He would have a shot at being the #1 pick if he lives up to the hype.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Because there's other guys at 8 that are better gambles

I am not disagreeing with you. I am more of a gambler in that position when it comes to Porter. 

Porter “upside” better than Smith, Sexton, Carter, Shai and Miles in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Dwights measurements and athleticism were insane, i still remember them mentioning defesive poy potential how he could make blocks with noty hands facing up and chasing. I really really really loved Dwight Howard 

Some still do..... secretly 

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

The smart move for Porter would to be stay in college another year and fully recover. He would have a shot at being the #1 pick if he lives up to the hype.

Agree here. But as a potential top 10 pick and millions Guaranteed . Will you take that chance? 

4 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I am not disagreeing with you. I am more of a gambler in that position when it comes to Porter. 

Porter “upside” better than Smith, Sexton, Carter, Shai and Miles in my opinion. 

I'd probably take porter in that instance