Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

There are a lot of players I would be happy to come away with in this draft so I'm confident that we WILL improve our team!

Point guards - Doncic, Young, Sexton, SAG, Shake Milton, Brunson, and Carter

Bigs - Ayton, JJJ, Bagley, Carter, Bamba, Bridges, and Gafford

Any 3 of these will be great for us. I do NOT want Porter unless he drops to the 2nd round. Too much risk with the back surgery and I don't think he is any better than the healthy guys.

I hope management does not take a PF unless they intend to move him to center or they move AG or Isaac. With all the good players available we should take the BPA for positions we need to fill. 

If we get the 34th pick, would you take him there over a Gafford or Brunson?

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Here's my magic big board

Doncic

JJJ

Ayton

Bamba

Bridges

Shai

Trae

Bagley

Zhaire Smith

Sexton 

Carter

Miles bridges

Porter 

Then the list of bigs in some order Robinson, Williams, Gafford, porter

Knox

Lonnie 

Then the list of point guards in some order.  Shake, ponds, Brunson, Graham, Melton, Carter, holiday, shamet, Evans

KBD

Troy brown

Gary Clark

Gary trent

Simons

Kenrich Williams

Vince Edward's

Bruce Brown

Luka Doncic is the #1 player not to sleep on in this draft:

Here's my big board based on criteria that shall be parenthetical. This is as a fan/arm chair GM, not what I necessarily think the Magic will do. These are in order of my preference as well.

(The #1 pick that would make me the happiest) Trae Young

(The Wise #1 pick) Luka Doncic

(The traditional #1 pick) Deandre Ayton

(The patient #1 pick) Jarren Jackson Jr. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

If we get the 34th pick, would you take him there over a Gafford or Brunson?

Yeah I'd take him in the 2nd with a good pick already under our belt but definitely not in the top 5 where he is predicted to go. We have to come away with at least 1 NBA ready player in this draft. We don't need to be drafting someone that can't shoot or is a probable injury risk EVER again. 

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

Also, Porter is too low on your list. He is talented enough to be Top 8. His injury is concerning but not enough to drop him out of the top 7-8 position. 

He has the talent. The surgery was a tough one but not enough to affect his career. Dwight has similar surgery 3 years ago and look how he is playing. embidd also missed significan time due to a stress fracture in his back and he is doing currently well. A stress reaction is as concerning as a bulging disc.  Gronk is another example. Had surgery in 2012-13?? And he still going hard. 

What part of porters game makes you think he'll be a good pro? 

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

My thinking too! I can't relate to why the "experts" have him so high up in the draft when he didn't even play much college ball. All we have to go on is what he did in HS against kids?

Basically what do we have today that proves porter isn't Donte greene or Quincy Miller or Perry Jones?

What happens if he's Tobias Harris with injury concerns? That'd be a pretty good outcome for him and the 5th pick in the draft but doesn't really do much for us.  No real point in drafting what would be the third best combo forward on the team that doesn't really fit our philosophy.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

My thinking too! I can't relate to why the "experts" have him so high up in the draft when he didn't even play much college ball. All we have to go on is what he did in HS against kids?

I don't mind using high school ball but the high school big men who play like wings tend to dominate their competition early as there aren't a ton of guys out there to match up with them.  

Porter might kill workouts and that would change how i feel about him but right now I haven't seen any reason to give him the benefit of the doubt.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Read ?4thewin's analysis of Porter's back injury at the top of page 175.

I don't have access to his medicals so i don't really know anything.  I just can piece together some things and I have significant experience in these types of recoveries in the general population.  

37 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

His shooting ability and quickness with the ball. Size, length. Reminds me of Jason Tatum and a little of Batum. 

He is not a top 5. Dont get me wrong but I still think he is a top 7-8 talent. 

Orlando picks to me: #1 Doncic #2 Ayton #3 JJJ #4 Bamba #5 Young #6 Bagley. With the 2nd rounders i would pick Jalen Brunson or Brandon Mcoy depending of our 1st pick. And the 2nd rounder Grayson allen. If this players are unavailable i would change my 1st pick for two picks from LA Clippers.