Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

10 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I hope we go on a huge winning streak.  Means we actually have something to build on

That's not how this works.

17 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I hope we go on a huge winning streak.  Means we actually have something to build on

I don’t buy this argument at all. Last year after the ASB, we started playing better, people said the same thing (we shouldn’t tank, we need to build winning habits). Do we look like a better team this year for it? 

The clippers had a “losing culture” until they got Blake. The 76ers had a “losing culture” until they got Simmons.

The lakers are the opposite, an organization boastful of “great culture” and yet they keep losing. Culture hasn’t done anything for them. 

This “losing culture” thing is a fallacy. We need better players, period. 

Talent talks in this league and we’re playing ourselves out of the conversation. 

We need one really good solid tank with a #1-2 pick to add to AG and Isaac  and then we can talk about being winners.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I don’t buy this argument at all. Last year after the ASB and we started playing better, people said the same thing. Do we look like a better team this year for it?

We need one really good solid tank with a #1-2 pick and then we can talk about being winners.

We only need to win just enough games this year to insure we draft at 7 in a 6 player draft...per usual. This organization cant even be good at screwing up when they need to screw up. Management is going to do everything possible to sell tickets with the premise of a 30 win season next year only to put a 20 win product with no hope of significant improvement on the floor. We just have no clue how to develop a winner here.

22 minutes ago, the notorious S.A.C. said:

We only need to win just enough games this year to insure we draft at 7 in a 6 player draft...per usual. This organization cant even be good at screwing up when they need to screw up. Management is going to do everything possible to sell tickets with the premise of a 30 win season next year only to put a 20 win product with no hope of significant improvement on the floor. We just have no clue how to develop a winner here.

I'd be happy to be in top 8 which should be doable. That'd put us in Trae Young, Mo Bamba, Mikal Bridges territory. maybe not superstars but definitely high level starters with star potential 

46 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I don’t buy this argument at all. Last year after the ASB, we started playing better, people said the same thing (we shouldn’t tank, we need to build winning habits). Do we look like a better team this year for it? 

The clippers had a “losing culture” until they got Blake. The 76ers had a “losing culture” until they got Simmons.

The lakers are the opposite, an organization boastful of “great culture” and yet they keep losing. Culture hasn’t done anything for them. 

This “losing culture” thing is a fallacy. We need better players, period. 

Talent talks in this league and we’re playing ourselves out of the conversation. 

We need one really good solid tank with a #1-2 pick to add to AG and Isaac  and then we can talk about being winners.

Post all star last year the starting lineup played better but we still went 8-16 with multiple 30+ point losses. There was some optimism as the starting lineup played well but it didn't ever translate to wins.  

I want wins

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Post all star last year the starting lineup played better but we still went 8-16 with multiple 30+ point losses. There was some optimism as the starting lineup played well but it didn't ever translate to wins.  

I want wins

I want wins too, but I want wins early in the season. Winning now will do absolutely nothing besides set our rebuild back. I really don’t believe that winning now will do anything for our future. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I want wins too, but I want wins early in the season. Winning now will do absolutely nothing besides set our rebuild back. I really don’t believe that winning now will do anything for our future. 

I do 

Winning now assures us that we won't have the stress of which potential franchise changing player we have to pick, there won't be one by the time we pick.

And with the 9th pick in the 2018 draft the Orlando Magic take...

51 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Winning now assures us that we won't have the stress of which potential franchise changing player we have to pick, there won't be one by the time we pick.

Mikal Bridges should be a player that fits our new profile.

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I want wins

Amen. 

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

The root of all our current problems is this idea of making the team as terrible as possible in order to get that “franchise changing player”. As has been pointed out in numerous posts, this is a huge gamble that rarely works.  Much more often you wind up with a pathetic and demoralized group similar to what we’ve had here these past six long years.  Time to get out of that mindset.

Ironically, playing Birch, which you advocate above and which I agree with, might actually translate into more wins.