Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Also, regarding draft positioning.  

I'm not confident in this team's ability to tank.  I bet we finish 4th from last. 

These new management guys surely are not gonna be silly. The mantra to Frank would surely be lose lol 

2 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

These new management guys surely are not gonna be silly. The mantra to Frank would surely be lose lol 

That's not how tanking works.  We'd be fined millions of dollars and probably have multiple draft picks revoked if we lost games on purpose.  

You tank by having guys miss games or "try to get other players some experience" at the end of close games.  

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22146666/zach-lowe-10-things-like-including-other-clippers-nba

LeBron's draft pick has finally come into his own after Miami and Orlando gave him away for literally zero basketball assets. (You could make a decent team from guys the Magic lost for nothing over the last five years.)

Ouch, Lowe, ouch.

(Don't think it is 100% true, but obviously not completely false)

You would be forgiven for ignoring the 2017-18 Orlando Magic. They're bad, injured, and not all that entertaining -- a crushing outcome after a promising 6-2 start. But you're missing out on David Steele and Jeff Turner, emerging as one of the league's best all-around announce teams.....

My favorite new touch: "Is This Anything?" -- a parlor game Steele concocted before the season. 

I agree with Lowe- "Is This Anything?" is a great inanity that I think does a good job poking fun of the random statistics that are brought up in all sportscasting.

5 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

He wants to finish growing his hair

It will only be finished when it waterfalls all the way to the floor.

3 minutes ago, Odin said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22146666/zach-lowe-10-things-like-including-other-clippers-nba

Ouch, Lowe, ouch.

(Don't think it is 100% true, but obviously not completely false)

I agree with Lowe- "Is This Anything?" is a great inanity that I think does a good job poking fun of the random statistics that are brought up in all sportscasting.

Shabazz - oladipo - harkless - Harris - dedmon might beat Payton - Simmons- Fournier - gordon - biyombo about half the time

39 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I don't really care because I'd have an all star.  

2014 was an ultra hyped draft.  Wiggins and jabari were two of the most hyped prospects ever.  Cleveland traded Wiggins for love.  Love isn't worth a number 1 pick. It worked out for Cleveland.  

Here's what I'm worried about.  We draft any of the top 3 and they take a while to make an impact (like we're seeing where most guys need 3-5 years to reach that plateau where their performance impacts winning) and we're just stuck in a loop of 

Draft guys

See value

Get impatient

Dump guys

Small improvement

Watch other guys improve elsewhere

Bottom out

Draft guys

See value

Get impatient...

No I agree and I was personally done with the draft up until it looked like we didn't have a choice. I'll take a new culture over potential at this point. Just thinking ahead.

33 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

That's not how tanking works.  We'd be fined millions of dollars and probably have multiple draft picks revoked if we lost games on purpose.  

You tank by having guys miss games or "try to get other players some experience" at the end of close games.  

I know how it works.. I'm saying make sure that Vogel is on the same page and give the young guns all the time they need so we lose due to gaining experience 

33 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Shabazz - oladipo - harkless - Harris - dedmon might beat Payton - Simmons- Fournier - gordon - biyombo about half the time

Yeah, but he said decent...

57 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

That was it! Yes but surely Evan for spare parts is where the pick to us comes in? Would be lovely for sure! 

Dallas may value Vooch and Evan super high?? 

Nope. 

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

and soon to be Mario