Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, Odin said:

I don't see it. Explain? I think I gave some pretty good reasons for the Garnett comparison.

You did but it's things I see.

No way am I saying he's going to be KD, I just see some of the same strengths. KD in college was really good at using his size to shoot over players. JI does that too and almost looks identical when he does it.

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I believe we are talking potential right?

Not even. Who the hell knows what JI becomes?

I'm just saying he has one strength that KD has had since college. 

1 hour ago, Ibn Battuta said:

About the only thing they have in common is defensive versatility, and Isaac still has a long way to go in that department. Otherwise it’s a bad comparison. Let’s see Isaac score in double digits more than once before the comparisons. 

I give the other posters here a little bit of a pass because there's really no decent 7 footers who can defend on the perimeter, rebound, shoot, bring the ball up, block shots.  It's a bilateral comparison chart, not a spectrum.  You have the Donte Greene/ Anthony Randolph side.  You have the Garnett/ Durant side.  There's no Anthony Davis but the offensive production of Otto porter out there.  

5 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

NO at Denver and NO looks like they need oxygen masks.

Probably best to never air a game when it's at Denver.

I do use oxygen tanks when I’m out there skiing 

1 hour ago, Ibn Battuta said:

About the only thing they have in common is defensive versatility, and Isaac still has a long way to go in that department. Otherwise it’s a bad comparison. Let’s see Isaac score in double digits more than once before the comparisons. 

Pretty much where I see it. Let's not forget Isaac was what 3rd option just last year? Garnett was straight out of highschool playing with grown men. 

I'm still on the DSJ bandwagon but I am happy with the way Isaac has fit with our team. 

18 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I give the other posters here a little bit of a pass because there's really no decent 7 footers who can defend on the perimeter, rebound, shoot, bring the ball up, block shots.  It's a bilateral comparison chart, not a spectrum.  You have the Donte Greene/ Anthony Randolph side.  You have the Garnett/ Durant side.  There's no Anthony Davis but the offensive production of Otto porter out there.  

Except for the shooting check box, see Giannis. 

Isaac needs to put in a lot of work to reach that. I’ll be looking at his improvements from the first to second half of the season, to see if it’s possible. 

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

That would take actually getting the ball. Garnett had one double figure  games in his first 19 and only four in the first 40. 

IIRC KG was the first HS player to come out, and was universally praised as a potential HOFer. He was also drafted to a very bad team. I’m not saying Isaac wasn’t highly regarded in his own right, but he’s gotta prove he’s better than the guys above him. Unfortunately he won’t be gifted the ball. 

if I'm not gonna put a ceiling on Gordon, I'm darn sure not going to put one on JI who has him beat in height, length, and offensive potential.  AG is just now showing he can do more than hustle plays, cuts to the baskets and putbacks.JI has shown finesse,  multiple dribble moves, and smart shot selection with range all over the court. love the potential our team has with these 2.