Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

I wouldn't mind playing Gordon at the 3 and 5 some with so few games left in the season. Just to revisit the old and see if he could ever provide anything fun at the 5

On 4/2/2018 at 3:03 PM, jmmagicfan said:

You know who else missed a lot of time his first couple seasons with "weak ankles", Steph Curry. After his first season or two, people were wondering if he would amount to anything, and now look. Isaac is a young man who is still growing, and hasn't had a lot of time to build strength, give it a little time. 

Isn't Curry out with ankle problems again right now?

who else is looking forward to the hope inspiring article from Orlandomagic.com listing and ranking to top 10 all time players drafted at whatever pick we end up having after the lottery? 

I'm hoping to have one different than 4,5, or 6 because I have those from recent memory and could use some new knowledge. 

Maybe "Top 10 #1 Overall Picks of All Time" with Shaq being at 2, Lebron at 1 and Dwight Howard getting an honorable mention. 

40 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

That would make us better

No it wouldn't. Gordon is our only player post all star with a positive plus minus.  Whether or not he's shooting well on offense he's been a positive on the court.  

And I'm still not sure why you are on your anti-augustin crusade but he's been just a shade short of being a 50/45/90 guy post all star.  We shouldn't be naive about things and suggest he's anything more than a backup long term, he's been about as good as anyone could expect. 

Vucevic is crap though.  

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

No it wouldn't. Gordon is our only player post all star with a positive plus minus.  Whether or not he's shooting well on offense he's been a positive on the court.  

And I'm still not sure why you are on your anti-augustin crusade but he's been just a shade short of being a 50/45/90 guy post all star.  We shouldn't be naive about things and suggest he's anything more than a backup long term, he's been about as good as anyone could expect. 

Vucevic is crap though.  

I have nothing but respect for DJ for the way he's played since trading Elf. He is a pro in every sense of the word. 

49 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I have nothing but respect for DJ for the way he's played since trading Elf. He is a pro in every sense of the word. 

I don't think DJ should come off the bench or be traded either. I feel very comfortable when he is on the floor, distributing the ball, driving to the basket and making layups over a bunch of trees, his 3 point shots. I think he does a very good job as a starter.

I guess putting up images of someone who gained weight can be kind of encouraging, but there are people that have a lot of trouble putting on muscle. Plus, weight doesn't necessarily make your ankles stronger. It could actually make someone more prone to injury. A lot of the issue could be height, which you can't do anything about. Not trying to be a negative Nelly, I'm just saying. It would be a shame if Isaac has ankle issues his entire career, especially considering what kind of defensive player he is.

3 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I don't think DJ should come off the bench or be traded either. I feel very comfortable when he is on the floor, distributing the ball, driving to the basket and making layups over a bunch of trees, his 3 point shots. I think he does a very good job as a starter.

Maybe draft a PG and bring him along slowly?

2 minutes ago, jjgator said:

Maybe draft a PG and bring him along slowly?

I think it gives us options where we aren't desperate to add a point guard to the roster.  Don't need to overpay for someone like rondo just to fill that spot.  We can develop a guy or wait until the trade deadline or wait until next year

3 minutes ago, jjgator said:

I guess putting up images of someone who gained weight can be kind of encouraging, but there are people that have a lot of trouble putting on muscle. Plus, weight doesn't necessarily make your ankles stronger. It could actually make someone more prone to injury. A lot of the issue could be height, which you can't do anything about. Not trying to be a negative Nelly, I'm just saying. It would be a shame if Isaac has ankle issues his entire career, especially considering what kind of defensive player he is.

I was not suggesting that putting on weight prevents ankle injuries (look at Stef Curry). My point was, it's possible that he can gain muscle/weight, but then again--as you pointed out, there are people that have a lot of trouble putting on muscle.  Although Penny added muscle, he had several ankle or knee injuries.