Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Just now, Ibn Battuta said:

Look at the Mavs. They’ve been doing the cap space thing for YEARS. Tried for Dwight. Deron. DAJ. And struck out. Having cap space just means you have the ability to sign people. There’s no guarantee after that. However, with an additional first round pick we can scout more players. We could even use that pick with Biyombo to move him if we really want to open up space. 

yes.  That's the reason why it's important to keep the cap space 2 summers from now.  Because Dallas was in situations where they were one of dozens of teams with cap space.  We'd be in a situation where we were one of a half dozen. Better odds.  

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

And I'm saying the 20th pick in this draft isn't worth another center sinking our salary cap.  Especially considering asik and a first is worth a trade exception. 

One additional year is not sinking our salary cap. And we don’t know if he will exercise his option to begin with. If he opts out and we have this discussion 1.5 years from now we will agree it was a good trade. 

1 minute ago, Ibn Battuta said:

One additional year is not sinking our salary cap. And we don’t know if he will exercise his option to begin with. If he opts out and we have this discussion 1.5 years from now we will agree it was a good trade. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5922224

1 hour ago, Tank Vogel said:

Another potential trade team for Tross. I don’t think thunder have their frp but maybe some of their young talent like Ferguson and filler. He’s been starting for them but I don’t think he can really carry the load at the moment. 

23 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Seen this on twitter and had to share it even if it is from this guy.. 

Magical is getting bad at making up stuff.  

Charlotte doesn't want to trade kemba.  They entertained trading kemba to fix their salary mess because they don't want to pay close to the luxury tax for a iffy team.  

You know what doesn't fix their salary mess? Trading an all star point guard on a great contract for a young player they'll have to max out in 5 months.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Another potential trade team for Tross. I don’t think thunder have their frp but maybe some of their young talent like Ferguson and filler. He’s been starting for them but I don’t think he can really carry the load at the moment. 

I don't think Ross has trade value considering he's probably going to miss the season

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

Magical is getting bad at making up stuff.  

Charlotte doesn't want to trade kemba.  They entertained trading kemba to fix their salary mess because they don't want to pay close to the luxury tax for a iffy team.  

You know what doesn't fix their salary mess? Trading an all star point guard on a great contract for a young player they'll have to max out in 5 months.  

Yeah that makes zero sense for Charlotte. AG is going to get a near  max deal if not the max.