Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

New GM Thread

We had a 19-13 record until Scott Skiles admitted to quitting on this team, after which he likely urged trading away our most versatile player.

The Hennigan rebuild was working fine until Skiles destroyed any confidence these young players had.

This might be the worst stretch of an excuse for Hennigan yet.....

You do realize the disparity in scoring between 12-20 points right? You're literally proving my point that he's inconsistent with that statement.

If you said "very consistent scoring between 17-20 points" than I'd agree. But 12-20 you're now describing an inconsistent player.

Evan Fournier is a more consistent scorer.

Really determined to **** on Oladipo aren't you, to the point where you are purposefully misunderstanding me. I never said Dipo was consistent player. I said he was consistently a contributor, despite swings in 3pt%. You said he would have a couple good games then disappear for four or more games. If 12 pts from a guy who averages 16 or 17 is disappearing, sure (though actually, stretches under 15 were still not the norm. Otherwise, my point stands.

Really determined to **** on Oladipo aren't you, to the point where you are purposefully misunderstanding me. I never said Dipo was consistent player. I said he was consistently a contributor, despite swings in 3pt%. You said he would have a couple good games then disappear for four or more games. If 12 pts from a guy who averages 16 or 17 is disappearing, sure (though actually, stretches under 15 were still not the norm. Otherwise, my point stands.

It's just not a good point you're trying to make. I'm not ****** on Dipo. My original comment was he's better suited coming off the bench due to is erratic, inconsistent play. There is no team or system where Oladipo would be "deadly" as you stated earlier. It's simply not the type of player he is.

The other issue with your 12 point comment is that when Dipo was only scoring 12 points (when he was with the Magic) it was because he was having one of his usual poor shooting nights from the floor.

I'd still take Fournier over Dipo everyday, that's one decision Rob got right IMO.

I think we can all agree it's pretty much the same old Oladipo

And that we didn't have to extend him a ridiculous contract; wish we got more for him though -- oh yeah, typical hennigan trade.

It's just not a good point you're trying to make. I'm not ****** on Dipo. My original comment was he's better suited coming off the bench due to is erratic, inconsistent play. There is no team or system where Oladipo would be "deadly" as you stated earlier. It's simply not the type of player he is.

The other issue with your 12 point comment is that when Dipo was only scoring 12 points (when he was with the Magic) it was because he was having one of his usual poor shooting nights from the floor.

I'd still take Fournier over Dipo everyday, that's one decision Rob got right IMO.

Speaking of Fournier, he averaged over 17 ppg this year. You know how many games fall between 17 & 20? 5 games. So apparently, by your own definition, he's super inconsistent; and while his defense is defense is consistent, it's consistently below average. I'll take Dipo, thanks.

Speaking of Fournier, he averaged over 17 ppg this year. You know how many games fall between 17 & 20? 5 games. So apparently, by your own definition, he's super inconsistent; and while his defense is defense is consistent, it's consistently below average. I'll take Dipo, thanks.

Speaking of Fournier, he had 30 games scoring 20 points or more. Dipo? 17.

**Enter Russell Westbrook excuse here**

Speaking of Fournier, he had 30 games scoring 20 points or more. Dipo? 17.

**Enter Russell Westbrook excuse here**

We were 9-21 in those games.

Oladipo is problematic but he's better than Fournier

I prefer Fournier, much like our front office did. Both are probably better suited coming off the bench.

But this all stemmed from a debate on whether or not Dipo would be "deadly" on another team. There is no team where Dipo would be deadly on.

Edit: Also, what does the record have to do with it? We were 29-53. Not sure throwing around win percentages have much impact on proving a point when the team sucks. It's funny, I looked at OKC's record when Dipo scored 20+ and they won like 80% of the time. If only he was consistent (which, again was what this debate was all about). Fournier obviously isn't either.

I prefer Fournier, much like our front office did. Both are probably better suited coming off the bench.

But this all stemmed from a debate on whether or not Dipo would be "deadly" on another team. There is no team where Dipo would be deadly on.

You mean the front office that just got fired?

And actually, this debate started from defending Oladipo from the notion that he's was overrated coming out of Orlando. I just reminded you that OKC is a terrible place for his skill set, thus his being overrated based on his play in OKC is unfair. My opinion is that he would be very good in Utah or San Antonio. Obviously I can't back that up with facts, because he doesn't play for those teams. But instead of simply disagreeing with my opinion, you doubled down on Dipo, based on anecdotal and misremembered views of him as this horrible non-starter quality player for us, who is worse than Fournier. When I reminded you that all of the things you complained about with Dipo are also problems with Fournier, plus he's a bad defender, you now want to leave it at opinion, and hinge everything on one word in one post. That sound like a fair assessment of this conversation?

Maybe, but only marginally. Next to a primary scorer, like Westbrook, I think Fournier would actually flourish more than Oladipo has, but that's just an opinion at this point.

Edit: Also, what does the record have to do with it? We were 29-53. Not sure throwing around win percentages have much impact on proving a point when the team sucks. It's funny, I looked at OKC's record when Dipo scored 20+ and they won like 80% of the time. If only he was consistent (which, again was what this debate was all about). Fournier obviously isn't either.

It matters when we were 6-7 when he didn't play and 9-11 when he scored 13 points or less.

But thats besides the point. Nobody should be cool with paying oladipo as much as he got. The real interesting wrinkle is ross. Just as problematic as oladipo for half the cost.

Maybe, but only marginally. Next to a primary scorer, like Westbrook, I think Fournier would actually flourish more than Oladipo has, but that's just an opinion at this point.

I think Fournier would be better next to Westbrook as well, because he's a jump shooter.