Sign in to follow this  
Magicman28

Henny has been fired!

I must have missed the changing of the robbins article discussion -- what happened?

this is what the article says now:

When the Magic hired Scott Skiles in 2015 — a move made with Martins’ strong backing — Hennigan and Skiles clashed repeatedly, and Skiles ultimately resigned after one season in the job."

initially it said something like

When the Magic hired Scott Skiles in 2015-- a move made by Martins amid protests from Hennigan-- Hennigan and Skiles clashed repeatedly...

im seeing if I can find it cached.

Jonathan Givony‏Verified account

@DraftExpress

Following

 More

Guessing ex-Orlando GM Rob Hennigan will have plenty of attractive options to choose from. Widely respected around NBA. Has a lot to offer.

lol, they were always best friends having dinner together scouting...

it's hilarious to see nba twitter comment on **** like this. same thing with marc spears and perry...

ok everyone we get it, **** about your friend having such a bright future and ****, or implying we should have given perry the lead because of the dearth of minorities running front offices

I wish Devos would just sell the team...... Devos got his arena and the team was gutted..... He don't care... he is making money.

We're going to hire another ex-magic guy like Pat Garrity and pray that we strike gold in the draft to only lose that player when it comes to getting paid.

This franchise is just terrible.

this is what the article says now:

When the Magic hired Scott Skiles in 2015 — a move made with Martins’ strong backing — Hennigan and Skiles clashed repeatedly, and Skiles ultimately resigned after one season in the job."

initially it said something like

When the Magic hired Scott Skiles in 2015-- a move made by Martins amid protests from Hennigan-- Hennigan and Skiles clashed repeatedly...

im seeing if I can find it cached.

found it!

When the Magic hired Scott Skiles in 2015 — a move made at Martins’ insistence and over Hennigan’s objections — Hennigan and Skiles clashed repeatedly, and Skiles ultimately resigned after one season in the job.

I understand why Hennigan had to go, and I'm okay with it, but he was failed more by the franchise than he failed it. You can only blame a guy so much who wasn't really given the freedom to do what his job asks of him. He made some great moves early on to help get us in to a steady rebuild and then as the pressure from management mounted, the moves got worse. When the Ibaka trade failed, Rob was done. I wish him the best and I really hope we change more than just the GM spot because he was not the biggest issue this team has had during this awful rebuilding session.

found it!

When the Magic hired Scott Skiles in 2015 — a move made at Martins’ insistence and over Hennigan’s objections — Hennigan and Skiles clashed repeatedly, and Skiles ultimately resigned after one season in the job.

As has been brought up in the past, the question then becomes... does Martins know better than Hennigan when Skiles was the most successful coach we've had during this rebuild process and Hennigan didn't want him?

As has been brought up in the past, the question then becomes... does Martins know better than Hennigan when Skiles was the most successful coach we've had during this rebuild process and Hennigan didn't want him?

He has 6 more wins than vogel but it's a fair question. Here's why I think he was the complete opposite of what we needed. Forget the way he was hired. Forget his reputation from the past.

After December we were 19-13 and coming off a really good month in December. January was awful. That month we went 2-12. It was also about that time Skiles started to talk about quitting or regretting his decision to his coaching staff.

Now, how in the hell do you expect to teach and develop a super young team, transform them into a contender, develop a "winning culture" if you're quitting on your students at the first sign of adversity? IN THE FIRST 3 MONTHS OF YOU COACHING?

Betcha Rob knew this and thought "Naaah, not a good fit."

He has 6 more wins than vogel but it's a fair question. Here's why I think he was the complete opposite of what we needed. Forget the way he was hired. Forget his reputation from the past.

After December we were 19-13 and coming off a really good month in December. January was awful. That month we went 2-12. It was also about that time Skiles started to talk about quitting or regretting his decision to his coaching staff.

Now, how in the hell do you expect to teach and develop a super young team, transform them into a contender, develop a "winning culture" if you're quitting on your students at the first sign of adversity? IN THE FIRST 3 MONTHS OF YOU COACHING?

Betcha Rob knew this and thought "Naaah, not a good fit."

On top of that, Skiles demanding us trade away a young prospect for some of his former players and us getting absolutely nothing in return. Then again, that one's also on Hennigan for rushing a deal instead of seeing what Tobias was worth market wide, but that January 2016 followed by that Tobias Harris trade is what killed all the momentum of our rebuild.

The Harris trade wasn't even a deal done on deadline day... smh.