Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

If you trade every competent player for kyrie you just end up as a ****ty team with an interesting sideshow until kyrie leaves

Depends what the deal is.

Kyrie/Fournier/Simmons/AG/Vuch is interesting.

We are a ****ty team already, so I'd rather be ****ty with arguably the best PG in the league on our team and roll the dice.

Yea, if it takes Ag, Issac, 2 future first rounders and Mario then I wouldn't do it. Well I still would but I would understand why others wouldn't.

But based on how Weltman has been able to bring in good players at good values in free agency I'll take my chances with him having Kyrie here to recruit.

Depends what the deal is.

Kyrie/Fournier/Simmons/AG/Vuch is interesting.

We are a ****ty team already, so I'd rather be ****ty with arguably the best PG in the league on our team and roll the dice.

Yea, if it takes Ag, Issac, 2 future first rounders and Mario then I wouldn't do it. Well I still would but I would understand why others wouldn't.

But based on how Weltman has been able to bring in good players at good values in free agency I'll take my chances with him having Kyrie here to recruit.

Of course Kyrie/Fournier/Simmons/AG/Vuch is interesting, that would be a favorable outcome for us. But that means we gave up some of the following parts:

Ross

Isaac

Biz

Payton

Mario

Augustin

+ picks

....our spare parts, lol. If Cavs made a trade for a collection of any of the pieces in that group, I'd buy you season tickets. Every team in the league beats that package.

Of course Kyrie/Fournier/Simmons/AG/Vuch is interesting, that would be a favorable outcome for us. But that means we gave up some of the following parts:

Ross

Isaac

Biz

Payton

Mario

Augustin

+ picks

....our spare parts, lol. If Cavs made a trade for a collection of any of the pieces in that group, I'd buy you season tickets. Every team in the league beats that package.

Well yea, probably 20 teams can offer better packages then what we can. That's why this talk is silly but still fun.

If you trade every competent player for kyrie you just end up as a ****ty team with an interesting sideshow until kyrie leaves

Which is opposed to...the ****ty team we have now that's going to get a lot more expensive???

Which is opposed to...the ****ty team we have now that's going to get a lot more expensive???

You're losing assets. Trading for Kyrie tightens the handcuffs on future moves.

If it doesn't work out, there will be an another rebuild and there's flags saying that it won't.

Even IF kyrie leaves (let's face it he will be all NBA on our team and eligible for the DPVE so we can offer the most) we'll still have a much better cap situation and Biz and Augustin will be entering the last years of their deals. At that point you can package a pick to get rid of them and have an absolutely clean slate with only Fournier under contract, and he is paid just fine. If you stand pat you will have Gordon and Payton taking up huge money, which means less flexibility.

At least our ****ty team is building toward something.

Look at all the past trades of superstars. The vast majority are a couple solid pieces and picks. Nobody guts their team.

Yea, like I said I'll take my chances and roll the dice being a ***ty team with Kyrie rather than without .

Yep. I made several posts about how Kyrie was potentially toxic a few years ago but his level of talent is far greater than what we have seen in the last 5 years.

You gotta take the gamble

You're losing assets. Trading for Kyrie tightens the handcuffs on future moves.

If it doesn't work out, there will be an another rebuild and there's flags saying that it won't.

That's FALSE.

If everyone here was willing to sing Hennigans praises till just a few months ago, you should have no issue if in two years Irving walks because the FO at least tried.