Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Who is they? Wade hasn't shown the ability to attract a free agent since lebron left. What makes you think him at 35 playing on for one of the worst teams of the past 5 years is gonna all the sudden change that?

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2019/

It may not but in the weak east?

At the very least we shed long term salary.

Trading for a declining often injured player like Wade would be a complete Knicks move.

He played 60 games last year and 74 the year before.

He played 60 games last year and 74 the year before.

2014: 54

2015: 62

2016: 74

2017: 60

2018: Will turn 36. You're looking at 55-60 games tops. I don't get the point of trading 2 of our better trade pieces for a guy whose clearly on the way out.

I'm fine with trading Vuch and Fournier, but I'd be severely dissapinted if it was for such a nearsighted move.

Let's leave moves like that to the Knicks and Nets.

2018: Will turn 36. You're looking at 55-60 games tops. I don't get the point of trading 2 of our better trade pieces for a guy whose clearly on the way out.

I'm fine with trading Vuch and Fournier, but I'd be severely dissapinted if it was for such a nearsighted move.

This is bringing in a champion for two years to mentor our players and shedding 2 longer contracts for players that have won nothing. This is a brilliant move. And you have no clue maybe you should be a knick fan. Lol. This move is 99.9% not gonna happen so don't get your panties in a bunch. And definitely miles away from what the nets or Knicks did.

Lol how do you say 55-60 top when the average is 62.5 games in the last 4 years?

And it's not nearsighted. You have cap room for the next 2-3 years if all else fails.

This is bringing in a champion for two years to mentor our players and shedding 2 longer contracts for players that have won nothing. This is a brilliant move. And you have no clue maybe you should be a knick fan. Lol. This move is 99.9% not gonna happen so don't get your panties in a bunch. And definitely miles away from what the nets or Knicks did.

I actually believe I do have a clue, and also no ones panties are in a bunch--but thanks.

Lol how do you say 55-60 top when the average is 62.5 games in the last 4 years?

And it's not nearsighted. You have cap room for the next 2-3 years if all else fails.

He's older now.

It's a crazy assumption for me to make but in general the older players get the less games they play in. Especially once said player is over 35.

But no I'm sure we would get a motivated version of Wade since he'd be able to attract other stars to come to Orlando and compete for a title.

You know who is a really long veteran PF/C that could space the floor on the second unit and has championship experience?

Marreese Speights

He's older now.

It's a crazy assumption for me to make but in general the older players get the less games they play in. Especially once said player is over 35.

But no I'm sure we would get a motivated version of Wade since he'd be able to attract other stars to come to Orlando and compete for a title.

It's all guess work. The average is 62.5 games from those last 4.

He could give you 74 or give you 54.

Wouldn't be to concern with his motivation. He's always been a competitor. Think playing against Riley and in the weak east gives him some umph.

He's off the books next year and he can resign for less and recruit or go elsewhere. He leaves and we have cap room and if we suck we have a high pick as well.

It's not going to happen btw. Just talk.