Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Whose this wide open player you speak of that's so deadly from outside?

Again, it's just funny how guys like Fournier get nitpicked to absolute death but other players get clear passes.

THE Damjan Rudez

Whose this wide open player you speak of that's so deadly from outside?

Again, it's just funny how guys like Fournier get nitpicked to absolute death but other players get clear passes.

Its because we're entering year 6 with Fournier so the optimism isn't there. He's starting his prime. There's a little worry year 4 for him was a contract year swoon.

Its the same reason year 4 vucevic was "if he can do this and that he might be really good" vs trying to give away year 6 vucevic.

For those who want to give Mario more minutes or even a starting job, please click here: http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/1626209/. Last year he had an OFFRTG of 94.5 and a DEFRTG of 109.9, meaning his NETRTG was -15.1. And believe it or not, when given almost twice the minutes after the all star break, he got significantly worse.

I really want Mario to succeed, but right now he looks like perhaps the worst pick in the history of the organization. He needs to earn his minutes and grow a ton as a player. Honestly, from my vantage point, it wouldn't surprise me if someone like MGH beat him out of a job.

Yea he actually got worse with more minutes. That's why I think we need to get back to the basics with him. Play him at his natural position SF, and just let him focus soley on that for now.

For those who want to give Mario more minutes or even a starting job, please click here: http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/1626209/. Last year he had an OFFRTG of 94.5 and a DEFRTG of 109.9, meaning his NETRTG was -15.1. And believe it or not, when given almost twice the minutes after the all star break, he got significantly worse.

I really want Mario to succeed, but right now he looks like perhaps the worst pick in the history of the organization. He needs to earn his minutes and grow a ton as a player. Honestly, from my vantage point, it wouldn't surprise me if someone like MGH beat him out of a job.

This is why http://on.nba.com/2m12pyh

There's no hidden value in hezonja's second year. He was bad across the board.

The only reason to give him any benefit of the doubt is his rookie year was pretty solid. You have to wonder where that player went.

Its because we're entering year 6 with Fournier so the optimism isn't there. He's starting his prime. There's a little worry year 4 for him was a contract year swoon.

Its the same reason year 4 vucevic was "if he can do this and that he might be really good" vs trying to give away year 6 vucevic.

But he already puts up solid numbers for a guy who should be a 3rd option on a good team. I think he'll average around 19 a game this year.

I just don't see the urge to trade him for nothing. He's still a good young player but he's been asked to carry a team that is putrid offensively. I just can't imagine on a team that struggles to score as much as we do to not have Fournier right now.

Didn't he improve by almost 2ppg last year? That's with him shooting well below his 4 prior year average from deep. I think he averaged his career high in assists and rebounds too.

What if we drafted Devin Booker and didn't get cute with the sexy European player? Then drafted SmithJr?

SmithJr/Booker/Ross/AG/Vuch

Not bad.

Wow. I think you are going overboard here. First of all, to say he is the worst pick EVER in the orgainzation tells me either you are not really a fan or are very sentimental at the moment "drunk".

clearly Fran Is the worst In my opinion. Second, it is too early to even make a judgment here. As stated above, he has not had a real chance yet to play in a stable system.

Lets see him play this year before making any further judgment. He clearly has the talent.

What if we drafted Devin Booker and didn't get cute with the sexy European player? Then drafted SmithJr?

SmithJr/Booker/Ross/AG/Vuch

Not bad.

If that was the case then I will it kept Ibaka and likely play him at the center position.

Smith/Booker/Fournier/AG/Ibaka.

If that was the case then I will it kept Ibaka and likely play him at the center position.

Smith/Booker/Fournier/AG/Ibaka.

Didn't he tell Vogel he didn't want to play center though?