Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Gordon is 21.

And?

Myles Turner is 21.

Devon Booker is under 21.

Plus Gordon is three months away from 22. You're making it sound like he's still a kid.

Ok. I think we should break down our schedule so you can see it better. <br />In the East conference there are 15 teams. Out of those 15 teams, I think we are better than New York, Brooklyn, Chicago, Atlanta and likely Indiana. That makes us a top 10 in the east. Now, i see us likely at par with Detroit, Milwakee, Miami and likely Philadelphia.( i dont think philadelphia will be able to keep all players healthy and adjustment with all this new players can be an issue). So best case scenario we will end at 7 but most likely arount 9-10.

We are on par with Milwaukee???!

The Heat were also one game away from the playoffs. Did you not notice their second half tear? They also added Olynyk who will space the floor nicely with Whiteside in the middle.

And?

Myles Turner is 21.

Plus Gordon is three months away from 22. You're making it sound like he's still a kid.

He is still a kid. You're honestly taking the position that a player is who he is at 21?

He is still a kid.  You're honestly taking the position that a player is who he is at 21?

when he's been in the league for three seasons, yes. and again, he will be 22 when he starts the season so really he's not 21 anymore.

when he's been in the league for three seasons, yes. and again, he will be 22 when he starts the season so really he's not 21 anymore.

Right but the season hasn't started yet. We're still using his production from his year 21 season to project him.

And if you honestly believe that guys are who they are after year 3/ age 21 than you just don't really have a good grasp of basketball history

Yeah but see I'm looking at this not just as a win loss issue. It's also for the development of those young guys Im looking at.

Also Frank says it's not good to just throw young guys out there. Ok well I haven't seen where just signing mediocre FA's and living in basketball purgatory has done them any better.

We need to bring in some legitimacy here. Doesn't have to be PG or an huge splash but it would be prudent to bring in some one who knows winning and isn't filing retirement papers at the same time.

Like Soul Bro, I totally agree with this also. Payton4thewin on an earlier post noted that the lousy vets we signed the past few years were a big part of the problem. I agree with him, but that doesn't negate your point. Signing a couple of vets with a strong work ethic and good leadership skills could really help this team learn how to win, and set a great example which would help our young players develop. Vuch and Fournier certainly don't set that kind of example. We need one or two of the right kind of vet, not just someone looking to collect a paycheck.

Your overall point about not repeating exactly the same strategy that hasn't worked for us for the past five years is also well taken.

Right but the season hasn't started yet.  We're still using his production from his year 21 season to project him. And if you honestly believe that guys are who they are after year 3/ age 21 than you just don't really have a good grasp of basketball history

sure, remind me what players in year 4 suddenly turned it on after their first three seasons. Except for the rare exceptions like Jimmy Butler who is one in a million, unless you believe Gordon is that player lol. I'll take the under on that 99.99999 times out of 100.

Ok. I think we should break down our schedule so you can see it better.

In the East conference there are 15 teams. Out of those 15 teams, I think we are better than New York, Brooklyn, Chicago, Atlanta and likely Indiana.

That makes us a top 10 in the east. Now, i see us likely at par with Detroit, Milwakee, Miami and likely Philadelphia.( i dont think philadelphia will be able to keep all players healthy and adjustment with all this new players can be an issue).

So best case scenario we will end at 7 but most likely arount 9-10.

Out of all of these tams I think the Nets are the only team that it is a lock that we are better than. Milwaukee, Miami, Philly, & NYK have stars on their team (we have none). Our starters include a PG that can't shoot and only plays hard half the time and a center that can't play D We did nothing to address either of those positions. This team will not get better by adding a few pieces until we dump the ones that are holding us back. Then you add in Mario that half the fan base already know sucks and the other half is willing to watch him flounder for another season. Throw in an overpaid Biyombo with stone hands, add a few shooters and a couple guys that can play D. How many teams are truly stacked worse than us?

You're really moving the goalposts. Who said 40 wins?

Well, I've heard mutiple people say 10 more wins so that's 39 wins right? So I added on 1 more. Not really moving the goalposts.

sure, remind me what players in year 4 suddenly turned it on after their first three seasons. Except for the rare exceptions like Jimmy Butler who is one in a million, unless you believe Gordon is that player lol. I'll take the under on that 99.99999 times out of 100.

What's the under? You'd first need to define that. That said, there's way better than .00001 chance that AG improves considerably from his first three seasons

And?

Myles Turner is 21.

The AG defense force on here will always have some excuse for his inconsistent play.

What's the under? You'd first need to define that. That said, there's way better than .00001 chance that AG improves considerably from his first three seasons

Define considerably.