Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

I'm all for anyone that will take DJ Augustin's minutes. If we go in to next season with him as backup point I'll be really disappointed. Who knows, maybe the plan is to play Mario at the 1.

Payton/Hezonja

Fournier/Ross

Isaac/Iwundu

Gordon/FA

Vucevic/Biyombo

From what iwundu showed in sl. He is destined for g league a while.

Our roster is kinda depleted though, look at who is under contract for the 2017-2018 season:

PG - Payton/Augustin/Watson/Georges-Hunt

SG - Fournier/Ross/

SF - Gordon/Hezonja/Garino

PF - Isaac/

C - Biyombo/Vucevic

Like, common haha that's just kinda laughable.

Watson is probably going to be waived.

georges hunt probably is going to be waived in training camp and given one of our two way contracts. also, he's a sg/sf.

almost a third of the roster is missing from your list. we'll sign iwundu. we'll sign another 4 players. big gaps will be filled.

georges hunt probably is going to be waived in training camp and given one of our two way contracts. also, he's a sg/sf.

almost a third of the roster is missing from your list. we'll sign iwundu. we'll sign another 4 players. big gaps will be filled.

This is just who is currently under contract. Not assuming anything yet. I agree we'll make moves just was looking at who was currently being paid by the Magic.

Would you give any consideration to Derrick Rose?

You think anybody takes on Watson in a trade? That's the only reason I can think we haven't waived him yet.

You think anybody takes on Watson in a trade? That's the only reason I can think we haven't waived him yet.

I don't know. but that's definitely why we haven't waived him.

This is just who is currently under contract. Not assuming anything yet. I agree we'll make moves just was looking at who was currently being paid by the Magic.

Would you give any consideration to Derrick Rose?

ugh I have no idea. I think we're better off going after legitimate backups. if we're sitting here looking at rose vs payton, why not just take payton?

ugh I have no idea. I think we're better off going after legitimate backups. if we're sitting here looking at rose vs payton, why not just take payton?

Yeah, I can see your point. I think people would want to give Rose a shot because "what if he turns into the MVP type player again" but there is something to be said about playing in a warmer climate, maybe his body will react better to it.

It would seem the Magic are planning to sit on their cap room, striking in free agency later in the period or looking for trade partners when the main free agent targets die down. It might be frustrating for fans to watch everyone but the Magic are right to wait in free agency. They should not commit more long-term money to make a quick fix. Rather, they should bide their time to create flexibility to shuffle the deck. Patience for the Magic is a virtue. Even with all the work the team has left to do. They are not going to be able to move mountains with the resources they have. Time is their best asset. As is their cap room.

This is a GREAT article that I think sums up our offseason approach really well

I was interested to see how we are looking on the draft-pick front for the upcoming years.

According to this website, we have 6 picks in the 2019 draft? (5 of them are 2nd round) 7 picks in the 2020 draft (Two first round, 5 of them are 2nd round)

Can anyone confirm this?

Yeah, I can see your point. I think people would want to give Rose a shot because "what if he turns into the MVP type player again" but there is something to be said about playing in a warmer climate, maybe his body will react better to it.

This is a GREAT article that I think sums up our offseason approach really well

Yeah I like to see us unload Vuch and Fournier.

I was interested to see how we are looking on the draft-pick front for the upcoming years.

According to this website, we have 6 picks in the 2019 draft? (5 of them are 2nd round) 7 picks in the 2020 draft (Two first round, 5 of them are 2nd round)

Can anyone confirm this?

No. http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

Shelvin Mack

James Johnson

Jonas Jerebko

Jerebko is 6'10" with a 7'1" wingspan and if I recall correctly from watching him against the cavs he could easily guard SF-C. I'd like to try to snag him with a low contract later in the offseason